Options

Wet your whistle - iPhoto 4 pics

{JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
edited January 23, 2004 in Finishing School
Thinksecret has a lot of good pics of the interface here:http://www.thinksecret.com/news/ilife04iphoto4.html

Countdown: 4 days!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 15, 2004
    It's here ...
    iLife just arrived today and I had a chance to install it and give iPhoto 4 a quick run through. First, let me just tell you that I was correct in my assumption: iPhoto is worth the upgrade cost by itself nod.gif Second, here are two things that I think are great right off the bat:

** Speed improvements - I could zip through my entire photo library as if it were only a small album. Switching from album to album has improved too - no delays.

** Progress bars. A real big issue I had with the other versions was no way of telling when a operand was going to end. You are now notified and shown when anything is going on that will slow you down.

Check out the sepia one click, not too bad:
    2001393-M.jpg
  • Options
    zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    Did they include a way to search for images that do not belong to any albums yet? that's a big one for me.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2004
    They sure have ...
    Another great feature taken from iTunes is Smart Albums. You set the conditions and the album changes itself to match them. That way you can have an ablum of top rated pictures, time frame, or ... pictures that are not in an album. I chose to create a new Smart Album and chose Album : Not In : Any - works perfectly.
  • Options
    zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    Sweet! I just read some reviews and it does look like a good upgrade, and cheap enough. I use Portfolio for the big stuff, but this is just the ticket for digi-snaps.

I'll go to the Apple website and swipe my credit card in front of the screen. That's how it's done, no?

Thanks, JT.

Roberto.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 23, 2004
    I held off on buying my new PowerBook until after Macworld so we could get it free, but it turns out there was a transition period... So we ponied up $20, very fair, and swiped our credit card on Apple's site. They came yesterday and I got to play with it a little last night.

So far, SWEET! iloveyou.gif