Options

evening at Cannon Beach

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited April 28, 2011 in Landscapes
the weather at Cannon Beach last weekend wasn't really conducive to good shots, but this one managed to emerge with a least a modicum of aesthetic value... ;) i particularly liked the reflected light on the wet sand. 5D, 24-135 @ 24mm, 1/50 @ f/18...

IMG_6389sm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 28, 2011
    Nice colors! thumb.gif
  • Options
    senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    It's got a little of that late '50s hand painted post card look to it. I like it.
    Jay
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Those are some really nice looking seastacks, I like how the sky is sweeping out from behind the large stack towards you. You also got some nice color especially reflective.
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    thanks, guys... Doug, the large one is called Haystack Rock, and it's the 3rd largest monolithic intertidal sea-stack in the world. it's 235 feet high, and is a protected spot for marine birds who nest there. you can walk to it at low tide, but climbing above the high-tide line is prohibited. it's separated by only a couple of hundred yards or so of flat sand from the beach-front houses on the southern side of the town of Cannon Beach... can you imagine having that view every evening?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 28, 2011
    I love the colors.