Options

Photo Shop paper that works with Canon

Primo-PhotoPrimo-Photo Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 7, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Is anyone aware of another brand of photo paper that works well with the Canon printers. I have tried other, but seem to come back to Canon paper.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    i use ilford classic pearl on my canon i9900.

cheers
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Is anyone aware of another brand of photo paper that works well with the Canon printers. I have tried other, but seem to come back to Canon paper.
    There are many 3rd party papers that will work with your Canon printer, but you will need to use an ICC profile designed for that specific paper and your specific Canon printer.

The easiest way to get good consistant results is to use Canon paper. Each manufacturer has invested a considerable amount of effort and $$ into their paper / printer combinations. Just putting in a 3rd party paper into the printer and pressing the print button will not normally give you optimum results.

Sam
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Ilford Rules
    We've a Canon i9950 for A3+ and an older Canon i865. Hardly use anything except Ilford Classic Pearl, gives us a better all over result than the Canon papers. Truly persevered with Canon paper but ICP has a nicer look and feel and the colour is as good as, so now staying with Ilford.
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Do you guys use the same paper to print black and white as you do color photos?
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Where buy Ilford Classic Pearl?
    andy wrote:
    i use ilford classic pearl on my canon i9900.
    I also have an i9900, but have stuck with Canon papers so far (except for non-critical prints like contact sheets to go with CDs). I have some sample packs of ProJet and Project Elite from Adorama, but haven't popped 'em open yet. Sounds like I should at least give the Ilford Classic Pearl a tryout.

Where do you find the best prices on this paper? The majority of the time, I end up buying from Amazon -- anyone know of a better source for Ilford Classic Pearl?
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    Doug Munn - JLM PHOTODoug Munn - JLM PHOTO Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    photobug wrote:
    I also have an i9900, but have stuck with Canon papers so far (except for non-critical prints like contact sheets to go with CDs). I have some sample packs of ProJet and Project Elite from Adorama, but haven't popped 'em open yet. Sounds like I should at least give the Ilford Classic Pearl a tryout.

Where do you find the best prices on this paper? The majority of the time, I end up buying from Amazon -- anyone know of a better source for Ilford Classic Pearl?
    Sam's Club - Instore has Glossy, online has Pearl.

samsclub.com
    From drivng race cars to riding race horses, it's hard to keep the woman down.