Options

Head Over Heels

Marcin WuuMarcin Wuu Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited May 5, 2011 in People
forfitergolf180.jpg
I'm a lazy portraitist. I only shoot beautiful women.

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    To my eye, this would work better if the image was rotated 180 degrees. The main structure is obviously upside down.
  • Options
    JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Nicely done, and I agree with Mitch. Let's see it flipped.............
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2011
    No. The whole point of this image is that it's upside down. Otherwise, it's just a guy hanging from the ceiling.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    I have to agree with Mr. Wuu. I don't think the image would be near as interesting flipped. As it is, it makes my eye/brain combination uncomfortable because my brain knows the image is upside down even though my eyes are telling it otherwise. I find that rather fun.

I looked at this image for quite a spell. I like it a lot. Still, something about it was bothering me. I think it may be that the longish shadow cast by the young boy looking at the golfer isn't there or as pronounced on the golfer as well. Or it could be my perceived lack of a head on the person sitting in the window sill. But I could be wrong and it's something else entirely.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Marcin Wuu wrote: »
    No. The whole point of this image is that it's upside down. Otherwise, it's just a guy hanging from the ceiling.

Yeah, but now it just looks like an upside down building with some guy playing golf photoshopped in.

It's just too obvious to my eye that the building is upside down that it becomes a distraction. The shape of the windows and the direction of the light through the windows just gives it away.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2011
    as always, it's a matter of decisionmaking :) I wanted brainteaser. I wanted it from the player's perspective, not the onlookers'. And I know very well the structure is upside down. It's supposed to be obvious that it's upside down :)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 5, 2011
    Marcin Wuu wrote: »
    as always, it's a matter of decisionmaking :) I wanted brainteaser. I wanted it from the player's perspective, not the onlookers'. And I know very well the structure is upside down. It's supposed to be obvious that it's upside down :)
    Cool image. thumb.gif If you were going for subtlety, it would have been better not to include the other figures, though some people probably would not notice that the room is upside down lol3.gif. As is, I think it works both ways. My preference would be to have the golfer on the ceiling, as I think the connection between him and the other figures gets lost when they are upside-down. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    C'mon. This is obviously a hack job! Who the heck plays golf left handed? :D
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    TmetroffTmetroff Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    I really like it the way it is. Though, I do think your horizontal line is off just a touch.