Options

Writing Photographs

Don AlthausDon Althaus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited May 8, 2011 in The Big Picture
Hi All... I have just finished Writing Photographs, a bit different take moving photography into the realm of authorship. I would be honored if you would give it some consideration.

Here's the link - Writing Photographs

My photography can be found at dalthaus.net

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Ok so the fact that your one and only post on this forum was to put up a link to your site is a bit sketchy.
    I read chapter 1 of your book and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be learning from this. I looked at your photography site and I'll just say I wasn't impressed, so here's your chance to sell me on it. Tell me what you have to teach me and why I should be listening before I spend a few hours reading the rest of it.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    Hello Don......Welcome to DGRIN!!!! Glad to see an artist doing more than just photographs....I admire those with the true talent to write....glad you posted a link to it, and I will read as time permits.....

Hope you stick around and share some of your artistry with us..............thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    Ok so the fact that your one and only post on this forum was to put up a link to your site is a bit sketchy.
    I read chapter 1 of your book and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be learning from this. I looked at your photography site and I'll just say I wasn't impressed, so here's your chance to sell me on it. Tell me what you have to teach me and why I should be listening before I spend a few hours reading the rest of it.

Way to make a guy feel welcome Molotov. eek7.gif From what I can tell He's not selling anything, there's not even ads on his website so it's not spam. And you're not exactly veteran yourself at 43 posts.

Malte
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    Malte wrote: »
    Way to make a guy feel welcome Molotov. eek7.gif From what I can tell He's not selling anything, there's not even ads on his website so it's not spam. And you're not exactly veteran yourself at 43 posts.

Malte

I know it's not spam, but it's just fishy when someone shows up, posts a link and that's it. Is he interested in actually sharing stuff with us on the forum or just posting a link on every photo forum that came up on google? I'm well aware I'm new to dgrin but I'm not new to internet message boards and when someone registers, makes one post saying "hey look at my website" then nothing else they're typically not useful contributing members.
    I'm really not trying to be a jerk, even though after reading my first post I did come off that way so I'll take that back and rephrase it.

I read the first chapter of his book. I'm asking him a question, what am I supposed to be learning from reading the rest of the book? I looked at a bunch of photos on the second site he linked to and most of them are very snap-shotty, like vacation photos. In the first chapter of the book he talks about telling stories with photographs but I don't get that vibe from his own photo website.
    I said he has a chance to sell me on it, if he pops in and says "oh, well if you bother to read chapters 2 through 5, you'll gain valuable insight on such and such" maybe I'll go back and read it. I'm being open about it.