Options

Nitro-Methane Blues

RustyJBRustyJB Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited May 9, 2011 in Sports
Rear Cylinder blows out of this 175ci Nitro-Methane Drag Bike as he warms up rear tire prior to run, Riders face is burned on right side as flame goes up through helmet, large lump on inside of upper right arm, & broken ribs from metal debris , ringing in ears that lasts for some time. Mark has recovered. No one saw this....they heard it but this flash was too fast to be seen with the naked eye; a matter of having the camera set for high shutter speed, consecutive shots, and Lucknitro%20methane%20blues-1761c-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Wow great capture, well processed

(spray and pray, my favorite way.. :D )
    Rags
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2011
    torags wrote: »
    Wow great capture, well processed

(spray and pray, my favorite way.. :D )

thanks, caught this with a Rebel XT i sold to a friend, with motor-sports thats pretty much my technique, though with the slow 3.9 frames per second of the 5DMkII i have now i may have not caught this, i am thinking seriously of buying a 7D as a back up for a little more speed for action shots. you can get some great sequence shots at times, or capture something unexpected if your camera is fast enough
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Wowser! Great catch.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    amazing capture.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    Wowser! Great catch.

Thank You, a lot of luck in that one. i hope i can get a chance to get back over to the Raceway here soon, i've been riding scooters for 45 years, love bikes, great photo opportunities at the Raceway, and love the sound of those top fuelers too
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2011
    Tracker wrote: »
    amazing capture.

Thank You.
    on my second childhood myself...
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Fantastic shot. I hope somebody gives a you a boatload of cash for that one.
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2011
    Fantastic shot. I hope somebody gives a you a boatload of cash for that one.

have not tried to sell it, i have the signed model release, thought about it, not sure where to get a decent price. most bike mags dont want to pay much from what i have heard

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the shot
  • Options
    Chuck289Chuck289 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    Wow! That'll leave a mark.
    Amazing shot.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2011
    Chuck289 wrote: »
    Wow! That'll leave a mark.
    Amazing shot.

thank goodness many wear flack jackets under their leathers
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    RustyJB wrote: »
    have not tried to sell it, i have the signed model release, thought about it, not sure where to get a decent price. most bike mags dont want to pay much from what i have heard

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the shot

If that was an NHRA event, try National Dragster. A friend of mine captured the sequence shots of Brandon Bernstine's bad crash a few years back and ND published his photos. I don't know what he was paid for them though. I never asked. You can also try NHRA directly. If it was an IHRA event, then contact them. What do you got to lose?

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Outstanding shot!!! Good to hear the guy is okay albeit a little sore.

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Amazing capture. That is a lot of luck and good timing for something that happened so fast. Good to hear the rider is recovering.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2011
    BroPhoto wrote: »
    If that was an NHRA event, try National Dragster. A friend of mine captured the sequence shots of Brandon Bernstine's bad crash a few years back and ND published his photos. I don't know what he was paid for them though. I never asked. You can also try NHRA directly. If it was an IHRA event, then contact them. What do you got to lose?

GaryB

Thanks, i will have to look into this, will be going out to the raceway when time permits, and should end of with other shots, though it would take some shot for me to beat this experience
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Great capture. Don't even think about letting someone publish that pic without getting paid for it!