Options

Contact forms not working on password pages

Justin BJustin B Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 488
edited May 13, 2011 in Bug Reporting
I just noticed that SmugMug's built in contact form doesn't work on password pages.

Try the contact link on these sites...

http://jfriend.smugmug.com/Family/Saras-Birthday-Party-2009/10482061_LEggT
http://fastline.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Password-Protected/15266295_fwJDd

Seems like the one place someone would be likely to use the contact form the most, when they forget their password. Is this a bug? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    Justin, working for me ne_nau.gif

20110512-gfd396rxkbfwbfeyjp72iys3rm.jpg

Can you give exact steps to replicate the fail, browser, etc?
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Justin, working for me ne_nau.gif

Can you give exact steps to replicate the fail, browser, etc?
    Super easy for me to reproduce. While not logged in to Smugmug, go to this URL in Chrome, Firefox or IE and when prompted for the gallery password, press the Contact Me item in the navbar and nothing happens. The form will not come up.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    Super easy for me to reproduce. While not logged in to Smugmug, go to this URL in Chrome, Firefox or IE and when prompted for the gallery password, press the Contact Me item in the navbar and nothing happens. The form will not come up.

OK I was referring to OUR link in the Footer. Stuck? Contact this photographer for help

And I showed a screenshot from your site, that shows it is working from SmugMug.

You are saying that the link in your navbar doesn't work on that passworded page? Is that a hack or JS trick of some sort?
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    OK I was referring to OUR link in the Footer. Stuck? Contact this photographer for help

And I showed a screenshot from your site, that shows it is working from SmugMug.

You are saying that the link in your navbar doesn't work on that passworded page? Is that a hack or JS trick of some sort?

It's a hack. If the footer link is working, the issue must be with the hack. Thanks for checking!
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    Andy, it looks like this hack doesn't work on password pages because the nickname is not available in SM's Javascript like all the other pages. Anyway you can ask for it to be added?

I'm guessing a lot of people are using John's version and have broken contact links on password pages. Adding the nickname would automatically fix the problem for at least a few hundred people.

It's a great hack and we want to start using it in place of Wufoo too. Thanks!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Justin B wrote: »
    Andy, it looks like this hack doesn't work on password pages because the nickname is not available in SM's Javascript like all the other pages. Anyway you can ask for it to be added?

I'm guessing a lot of people are using John's version and have broken contact links on password pages. Adding the nickname would automatically fix the problem for at least a few hundred people.

It's a great hack and we want to start using it in place of Wufoo too. Thanks!
    Justin, did you look at how the contact link in the custom footer or the link right below the password prompt does it on that page?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    Justin, did you look at how the contact link in the custom footer or the link right below the password prompt does it on that page?

Yea, it looks like it's part of the markup from the server side...

<span class="contact_footer"><span id="contactUsButtonWrapperFooter" onmouseover="try{if(SM.buttons.contactUsButtonFooter) return; SM.buttons.contactUsButtonFooter = new SM.buttons.contactUs('contactUsButtonWrapperFooter','contactUsButtonFooter',{buttonText: 'Contact', panelTitle: 'Contact the gallery owner', currentPage: '/Testing/testing/16609347_iYY9Q', currentPageOverride: '', referringPage: 'http://fast.smugmug.com/Testing', pro: '', modal: 'true', popupName: 'contactOwner', uniqueID: 'Footer', ownerNickName: 'fast', uniqueID: 'Footer', width: '755px', albumID: '16609347', additionalParams: 'FooterContact'});}catch(e){}"><a href="#" onclick="return false;" id="contactUsButtonFooter" class="nav" style="">Contact</a></span> · </span>