My Momma's House
i-vCvV3nm-L.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Although I love the photo, it doesn't necessarily say Mom to me. Anyone could live there. This house reminds a bit of the children's book, The Napping House.

Beautiful treatment of a lovely house, tho.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Looks like a lot of memories took place in that house - If I let my imagination get the better of me (which it often does) I can picture kids in the yard and a grandmother standing on the porch wearing an apron and carrying a muffin pan straight from the oven. thumb.gif

Then again, my imagination also shows me an older man in a white tank top watching a black and white TV with a beer in his hand and a beat up old truck in the driveway - this is why I try not to let my imagination run too rampant. :D
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Is she still in it? is anyone living there? if yes, then I would go and add some props...basket by the front door with yarn in it...and ya apron in there some where...maybe a rag rug over the rail...
    by the way...I would give my left leg to have that house, I always always always wanted to have a old house and preferably on a farm- so too bad for me, I married the city guy. lol, doesnt matter, I wont give up the apron!
    oh sorry for the rant...I should have just said what I initially saw...an empty house...it looks deserted :(
    so thats why I suggested props, when I go to my moms house, I see my childhood unfold in front of me because Im used to seeing flowers, and all that.
    I dont want to come off as judgemental, probably a lot of people don't grow up the same way...we were messy! lmao
    I'd love to see that picture again with a big wheel on the porch...or something that would remind you of your childhood..ya know?
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I have to agree with the other comments - great shot - love the Victorian house, but doesn't really say Mom. Maybe ghosting in some kids playing with Mom watching, or just Mom on a rocking chair or standing at the edge calling kids for dinner would bring the shot to the theme better?
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JRomieJRomie Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Actually, I really like the simplicity of it just the way it is. Really a nice, sharp, colorful picture of a house that I too would love to own. Maybe WOW...
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    My Momma's House

I love the photo, but was wondering if you could put something of "mom's" on the porch .. or maybe get "mom" to sit on the porch if that is possible?
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep thinking about my options, or making this one into a composite, or maybe I'll just title, "Wow Mom, why aren't you sitting on the porch?"
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Could try to work "Victorian Lady" into the title - referring to your mother/grandmother or the house? It is a great shot - did you use a tilt-shift or pp (or does your camera not distort!?!)? Almost like the house is asking someone to come live there & love & care for it - nice!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep thinking about my options, or making this one into a composite, or maybe I'll just title, "Wow Mom, why aren't you sitting on the porch?"

LMAO...now that is funny!
    rolleyes1.gif
    I was gonna get my mom to hold a pic of her and my dad when they were yonger and call it "wow, mom what Happened?"
    but she got mad and smacked me on the arm so I figured it wasn't such a good idea after all! ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    Can't offer more than what's been addressed (and I totally agree about the Napping House comment), but would love to put my vote in for a ghostly presence. It's a beautiful home and lovely image.
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    . . . would love to put my vote in for a ghostly presence.

Now that has potential to be really cool. thumb.gif
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    wow.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!