edited May 14, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Justice-For-All-L.jpg

Williamson County Courtroom Jury Seats, Georgetown, TX
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Comments

• Options
    Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    wow those look super uncomfortable. I guess it would make you pay attention more though. Once on a jury I served on a guy fell asleep and had to be replaced a few hours into the trial. maybe it was the seats.

I like the light in this and the non-symmetrical nature of the chairs. excellent monochrome.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Love this shot! I spent lots of time in military courtrooms and I have to say our chairs were generally a lot more comfortable than these! Very nice B&W conversion that works very well with this subject. I like the overexposed window also.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    chuck54chuck54 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    wow those look super uncomfortable. I guess it would make you pay attention more though. Once on a jury I served on a guy fell asleep and had to be replaced a few hours into the trial. maybe it was the seats.

I like the light in this and the non-symmetrical nature of the chairs. excellent monochrome.

Thanks for your kind comments. I agree, the chairs are uncomfortable- probably on purpose. The color version is pretty good, but I think the monochrome workd better for the scene.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Love this shot! I spent lots of time in military courtrooms and I have to say our chairs were generally a lot more comfortable than these! Very nice B&W conversion that works very well with this subject. I like the overexposed window also.

Lauren

Thanks Lauren. The sun coming through the window drew me to take the image in the first place. I thought it was a bit harsh at first but it seems to work with this particular application.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Nice....love this and i think the black and white gives it that 12 angry man period look and feel! Detail and comp make me whince at the possible hours having to sit in one!
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Nice....love this and i think the black and white gives it that 12 angry man period look and feel! Detail and comp make me whince at the possible hours having to sit in one!

Thanks Eia. I had the same reaction about 12 Angry Men after the B & W conversion kicked in.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Looks like all of us are thinking of 12 Angry Men. I too thought that when I saw these seats.

I like the texture in this photo.
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Good one. It wouldn't work nearly as well if the two chairs on the left weren't swivelled towards the camera.