Options

76 -- parachute seed mother earth nature pic in need of a wow title

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited May 15, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's the pic. Needs a title. Right now it is tentatively titled "Eden." But, don't know.

5719234763_a317c02970_b.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Sir...that is AMAZING.
    thumb.gif
    also...i like the name, but I like Wish better :)
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    How about, "We have liftoff"?
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Definitely WOW!

I really like the placement of your focal plane. It works really well to bring attention to the right place(s)!

How about Levitation for a title?
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 14, 2011
    Great shot! I like the idea of using lift off in the title. (With my brain stuck in the Mom side of the challenge, what first came to mind was that this is not a helicopter parent but one that sets its "children" free.) :D
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Great shot! I like the idea of using lift off in the title. (With my brain stuck in the Mom side of the challenge, what first came to mind was that this is not a helicopter parent but one that sets its "children" free.) :D

Hmmm... perhaps it's an Escape from the Matrix. headscratch.gif
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    'To Ride The Wind'.... 'Free Flight'.....

But, I think mamma nailed it
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    I like Escape...that hit me when I read it. But it doesnt sound so motherly, it sounds napper scary...but I see what direction your going on that and I like it alot.
    Did I say I like this alot? cuz I do, I really, really, really like it alot...alot :)
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    thought of a new title, "Fledged." Hmmm?
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    billseye wrote: »
    Hmmm... perhaps it's an Escape from the Matrix. headscratch.gif

Reading this brought the flip side - Eject - to my mind. :D

Lots of good title suggestions focusing on the WOW challenge including "Wish" and "Free Ride." Some of the titles imply motherhood/leaving the nest - like "Fledged" - but would it be more effective to choose a title that clearly shows that you are going for WOW? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    ...- but would it be more effective to choose a title that clearly shows that you are going for WOW?

I'm trying to walk the fence and imply both. I don't know if a title is going to make an image WOW for me. But this pic brings forth mother metaphors to me. Mother Nature. Mother Earth. Reproduction. I kinda liked how "Eden" implied the natural and a beginning. But "fledged" is my favorite so far. Though I also thought about "offspring."

If the pic wins WOW votes, it's got to do that on its on, even if it is "untitled."

GH
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    You could probably title it Winner, but that might be a bit presumptuous! Very awesome shot! The clarity of focus, DOF & plane of view are incredible - great vision! The photo definitely WOWs on its own, even with no title, but I also get the feel of the seed "leaving the nest" with the hint of Mother Nature working her magic. And although I like Fledged for the meaning, for some reason the word seems too "heavy" for the delicate shot (I know, I have weird ideas & this is very nitpicky). Maybe even Fledgling - sounds more delicate? (did I mention I have weird ideas?!) Once again, the shot is simply gorgeous!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    I'm trying to walk the fence and imply both. I don't know if a title is going to make an image WOW for me. But this pic brings forth mother metaphors to me. Mother Nature. Mother Earth. Reproduction. I kinda liked how "Eden" implied the natural and a beginning. But "fledged" is my favorite so far. Though I also thought about "offspring." If the pic wins WOW votes, it's got to do that on its on, even if it is "untitled."GH

Yeah, I can understand that. Good point. Love your subject and the execution of your shot. Good luck with finding the perfect title for it!
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    When I look on it, I think of voyages and embarking.....going forth, that sort of thing. I also think of genetic dispersal and dissemination, an idea that I'm having trouble thinking of a poetic means of describing.