Options

link to facebook?

mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
edited May 16, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Sorry if this has been hashed over a few times already but I couldn't find my answer in a search.

Am I confused?
Weren't images able to be link to facebook with the url like I link here? I can't figure out how to do that. The "Be social" button doesn't seem to do anything and only works on a non password protected gallery. I want my customers to be able to link their photos individually to facebook from their password protected galleries with my watermark. Is that possible? I would swear I was able to do all of that a year ago!! I feel like a doorknob over here!!

Matt
My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Can you show me where besocial isn't working on your site? I'd like to test it.
    We don't have besocial from a locked gallery - your clients would post, their friends would see it, and then they can't get back to the gallery since they have no password :)
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Can you show me where besocial isn't working on your site? I'd like to test it.
    We don't have besocial from a locked gallery - your clients would post, their friends would see it, and then they can't get back to the gallery since they have no password :)
    Hey Andy. As always thanks for offering your help so quickly! I guess I'm confused on what the be social thing does. I go to an image and click on the facebook tab, and it has a place for a comment. I type a comment and now what? Should there be a "post on facebook" button or something? I'm just trying to give my clients an easy way to post a few images from their gallery onto their own facebook pages just like I post images here! Maybe the be social link doesn't work like that. This is a case with an mixed ethnicity wedding couple and there are some images that the brides family should not be shown for cultural reasons. They want some family to see the whole gallery and some just to see a few selections on facebook.

I would swear I could place linked images into galleries, but I can't figure out how to do that now. I can figure out how to place a thumbnail and link into a status update but that is it.

Sorry... here is the gallery http://www.lightcraft-photography.com/Client/Engagements/Hoda-and-Aaron-Engagement/17047546_Vt4Rtd and the password is "capital" w/o quotes
    My Smugmug site

Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Try it from a public gallery
    like this: http://www.lightcraft-photography.com/Portfolio/Misc-Candids-and-Portraiture/6998203_w8tX2n - click image to lightbox and then use fb share button
    20110516-cjasrgge3kefeh457b7trftcyf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Thanks for posting that Andy. My screen doesn't have the "where to post drop-down"

i-5wKzLKL-XL.jpg.

Also, this is a public gallery, but it is password protected. With the password the be social button isn't even shown and with the password removed in gallery settings, above is what I get.

Matt

edit I get the same thing in the portfolio gallery you used andy. I sopmetimes get a fb login button and the first time I hit thaqt it asked me for permissions, and now, if it is showing, it just pulls up a small browser window like a popup and shuts it quick. IDK what is going on. I use the latest FF for a browser btw. I have my fb page up and my fb like page is linked to my smug site.
    My Smugmug site

• Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that Andy. My screen doesn't have the "where to post drop-down"

i-5wKzLKL-XL.jpg.

Also, this is a public gallery, but it is password protected. With the password the be social button isn't even shown and with the password rememved in gallery settings, above is what I get.

Matt
    Go to your facebook account and remove the SmugMug app from your approved apps - then use besocial again and re-install the app.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    done, but it didn't help.

I will see if it works in 32bit ie when I get bqack later, but in 64bit ie it was the same as ff.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

• Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    mmmatt wrote: »
    done, but it didn't help.

I will see if it works in 32bit ie when I get bqack later, but in 64bit ie it was the same as ff.

Matt
    Ah. 64bit IE and Flash aren't compatible - run IE in 32 bit mode if you wish to use Internet Explorer. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    OK, well we are off point now Andy.

Q: How can my customer post images from her right click protected, password protected, watermarked, e-session gallery to facebook? I assume she uses firefox like you, me and the better part of the world. I assume that the browser shouldn't matter as long as the latest version of flush is installed. My browser certainly doesn't matter because I have the images and can upload to facebook if I want them there in all of their recompressed, craptacular, facebookified glory. Ha!
    If there is a solution, then please let me know and if not then let me know that. I want to be able to help my clients do this if they can and if not I will have to come up with another solution.

Thanks again for all the help.
    Matt
    My Smugmug site