Options

Anybody else having upload problems today?

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
edited September 9, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is there a known problem with uploading files at the moment? I am having trouble.

First, I used the beta uploader, which has generally worked well for me before. It seemed to be working fine and the java console showed no errors. However, it reported that I had succcessfully uploaded 47 files though I was only trying to upload 6. I went to the gallery and nothing at all had been uploaded.

Hmmm...so I went back to the fully manual browse and select loader. Seemed to be working fine as well, but when it finished, Smugmug reported that there were errors on all 6 files. At least it got the number right. I used the same batch process I have used for months to prep the files before uploading. All of the files open without problem on my machine in several different viewers.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Is there a known problem with uploading files at the moment? I am having trouble.

First, I used the beta uploader, which has generally worked well for me before. It seemed to be working fine and the java console showed no errors. However, it reported that I had succcessfully uploaded 47 files though I was only trying to upload 6. I went to the gallery and nothing at all had been uploaded.

Hmmm...so I went back to the fully manual browse and select loader. Seemed to be working fine as well, but when it finished, Smugmug reported that there were errors on all 6 files. At least it got the number right. I used the same batch process I have used for months to prep the files before uploading. All of the files open without problem on my machine in several different viewers.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

also send an email to help@smugmug.com

thanks
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2005
    andy wrote:
    also send an email to help@smugmug.com

thanks
    I did that before posting here. I know the drill...:D

Cheers.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I did that before posting here. I know the drill...:D

Cheers.

cool - fwiw i uploaded a handful with the beta loader a little while ago, with no probs.
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    i am experiencing the same uploader problems
    rsinmadrid wrote:

You are not going crazy - I am experiencing the exact same problems.

Beta uploader reported 47 files although I was only trying to upload two. Nothing showed up in the gallery.

Then I tried Windows/IE uploader. It reported that all worked correctly, but nothing appeared in the gallery.

I tried this routine several times, but no luck. Will try again tonight.
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    smugmug confirms uploader problems
    smugmug responds:
    smugmug wrote:
    It appears that we are having some technical problems with the site today. This is probably what is causing your uploading to not work correctly. We have our engineers working on the issue and hope to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2005
    Got a note from Smugmug and confirmed that it is working OK now. thumb.gif