4795489288_839926336a_z.jpg

4792857894_f35443cc82_z.jpg

4800324493_448d0dce92_z.jpg

5098575039_0f358d9a88_z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    Wow. Can't comment on the photography as I find the model to be a horrifically disturbing distraction. Diarrhea? Really? My heart goes out to her parents.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Options
    Te AmoTe Amo Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    whats funny is, you say that as though these weren't decisions she had made on her own.
    its easy to admit, this lifestyle is not for everyone, but i guess i should have assumed that ignorance would be the responce.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    #1 I like, in general. The harsh light spots and harsh shadow on the tree do bother me a bit.
    #2 I don't really care for, tbh. I think it is her pose/expression. She seems uncomfortable, and it has a 'deer in headlight' feel for me.
    #3 I like this one better; Again the shadows and light spots that are a bothering me a bit. I would maybe crop a bit of top?
    #4 Cool, is a good addition to the series
    #5 Because of the way she holds her arms/hands and fingers (like a fist instead of stretched) it seems like she is cold to me. I like her expression, but wonder what it is she is looking at?
    #6 I really like her expression in this one thumb.gif

Overall, I think you did a good job. I do think in general the light could use some work. I can see that a bit harsher light would fit her and the photos (i wouldn't do very soft light I think, if it was me) but I think it is a bit too harsh as it is thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2010
    I'd like future replies/comments to be about the photos and not about the model or they may be removed thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2010
    the dappled light was circumstantial. we simply fell victim to the location once the sun came overhead.
    of course, if i had the option to move to an area with less dappled light coming in, i would have. but that wasnt an option, and i wasnt about to set up a scrim in the middle of the woods for a quick shoot,
    thanks for the intelligent input though,
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2010
    Light is a pain :D See if you can get something to soften the light next time. You could even try simply hanging a white sheet from some branches maybe?
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2010
    like i said. i wasnt about to set up a scrim. (even a makeshift one. lol), instead i used my portable light setup to try and overpower it as much as possible.
    this shoot was very spur of the moment. neither the shoot nor the location were planned at all.
    ideally, i wouldnt want to use this location at all. but, you work with what you got sometimes.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    I agree with what Ivar said, I will say that in #2 & #3 she looks the least comfortable out of the set. #1 and #6 are my favorites of the set, the expressions are good. The B&W conversion seems to add an extra depth to the image and seems to soften the images and make her look much more vulnerable than the others. I am not sure if that was what you were going for, but it is very striking.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 26, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    I'd like future replies/comments to be about the photos and not about the model or they may be removed thumb.gif

Things may be different in the Netherlands but here in the US we have the right to "freedom of speech". I've seen many threads with statements like "beautiful model" or "she has great eyes" with nothing said. But two negative comments and the censors show up. With that said, I removed my post.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2010
    captain78 wrote: »
    Things may be different in the Netherlands but here in the US we have the right to "freedom of speech". I've seen many threads with statements like "beautiful model" or "she has great eyes" with nothing said. But two negative comments and the censors show up. With that said, I removed my post.
    "Go Figure" is a 'special' forum here at dgrin, which is also why it is passworded. There are also a set of specific rules and guidelines for this forum: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=104946

One of the items under 'etiquette' is:
    Comments should focus on the photographic merits and flaws of the picture. Sexual banter and personal comments about the model or photographer are inappropriate.

Dgrin is not a 'strict moderated' forum, so as long as everyone is happy and things stay friendly, we're willing to let things be as they are without strictly enforcing the rules.

However, I had received several complaints about this thread, which is why I asked to take things back 'on topic' so to speak. I never asked already posted posts to be deleted.

In a way I can see what you mean; why ask to stop the 'negative personal comments' but not ask to stop the 'positive personal comments' but that goes back to what I said above. It is the way we moderate (or try to moderate as little as possible) here on dgrin.
  • Options
    OobersOobers Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I like the last one, it is nicely shot and feels honest and her eyes are very engageing.
  • Options
    HomerHomer Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    Oobers wrote: »
    I like the last one, it is nicely shot and feels honest and her eyes are very engageing.

Indeed, a lot of things to be seen in that photo but the only thing my eyes kept locking on was hers. Nicely done!
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    I'm not sure what it is about this thread, but I've asked it before and now again: Posts are welcome, but are to be about the photographs.
    Posters of posts not about the photographs may be put on a little vacation from Dgrin.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    I like the last one quite a bit. In future, it's helpful to number your shots. Makes it easier to direct comments.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    TinksTinks Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    #2 & #3 I think you have a missed opportunity here. She has the whole impish forest fairy thing going on with the hair and tattoos. I think pulling back and having her be part of the photo, but more forest could really help the theme here.

#5, again, that impish little smile can work in the forest. That is a very cute expression on her face.

#6, I really like the tattoos at mid chest (the cartoon characters) and the one on the left breast (the key?). A black and white, cropped...maybe even taking out her face, but showing the breasts...then put the color back into the tattoo. Essentially making the tattoo the focus of the picture and ohbythewaytheyarerightintheboobies...lol3.gif

#6 I am not fond of the choice of coloring or the fade. Just doesn't seem to be the right application for this photo.
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2011
    I'm really having a tough time with the lighting in general and the distracting background.
    I find the lighting harsh and the model does not stand out from the background....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    CorneliusCornelius Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    I like the last and the second last picture. About the model; I like her, she is something different. Not an everyday girl.
    I have seen on your website another picture of her that I like (20100713-8490).
    My first English website: http://streetpictures.eu
    My Dutch wedding website: http://coverack.nl
  • Options
    ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    There's something about them that just doesn't feel right to me. She seems uncomfortable in the shots, or like she's bored - I can't figure out which. The last picture seems the most model-y but the green cast to it really turns me off. I think even with the dappled light you could've had something really stunning, but it just seems like you didn't manage to capture what I think you wanted to capture.
  • Options
    KeyWestPhotogKeyWestPhotog Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    I like #4 the best, because not only is she unique to begin with, but I have NEVER seen that from a woman! So it stood out as being the photo I most like.

I think the photo could be better however if her torso didn't have as much Bokeh! Nice shot!
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I also like these pictures, and I applaud your effort! I guess because if you would come to my home you might find a woman like this comfortably sitting at my kitchen table with a cup of tea and bitching about her mate!..lol
    With that said...and a long history with working with pin up models and the "scene" can I make a suggestion? Albeit the clothes...this shoot looks to me like a senior portrait session I just did for a high school girl.
    I agree with (I'm sorry I did not note the name) about the impish pixie look, and with that, I would think having her peeking out from a tree...head, shoulders and one breast ( you do have one like this, but I mean in a playful peek a boo way)....or maybe boding up to the tree with a leg wrapped around it, with a pointed toe (get my drift). I'd also stick her behind some low to mid high bushes and catch her faking a stretch (like she just woke up) and even better yet, if you could find a thicket ...like a small grassy enclosed area that she could climb into and sit with her knees up and her arms wrapped around...almost like a tinker bell vision...I think these would would benefit her style!
    Did you use an on camera flash? maybe you could pull it off and if you have an assistant use it off the camera or hold it off to the side to help with the light, tho, the light I feel you worked with just adds to the character of the photo...but to wrap it up, for me personally this series would look extreme if you could make it look like you found her in the forest and didnt' place her there.
    thumb.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)