Options

Fremantle Wedding | Charlene and Phil

simplelogiksimplelogik Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited May 21, 2011 in Weddings
When we first met Charlene at the consultation meeting, we found out that her dad and I were from the same fishing town in Vietnam where I was born. He was on the first boat that landed in Darwin in the mid 70s just after the war, where he met her mom who is a Chilean refugee and neither of them could speak English, so not sure how that work out on a date :).. Anyway, we hardly talk about photography or the wedding, but that story alone as enough for them to booked us :)

Rest of this series is on my blog (Fremantle Wedding), it would be awesome if you could leave a comment there.

Cheers,
Richard & Jen.

5D-0535PS-L.jpg
5D-0528PS-L.jpg
5D-0165PS-L.jpg
7D-0422PS-L.jpg
5D-1201PS-L.jpg
5D-1241PS-L.jpg
5D-1344PS-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Oh how pretty!! Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing & welcome on Dgrin :D
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Thanks Agnieszka, I've created the account a while back but never join the forum :) .. Now that I've started doing wedding photography, will hang around here more often.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Well, I hope we'll get to see more from your pretty work! :D

Hey, btw, the blog-link seems to be not working ... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Opps .. thanks for that .. It's fixed now. :)
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Ha! clap.gif Wait ... thought you are from Vietnam??? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Yes, but I dated a Polish girl for 13 years and even performed in a traditional Polish dance group !! :) She tricked me in thinking it was "pole" dancing .. rofl ..

Here's the proof :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.6797116462.18107.701241462&l=2d13b52936

See if you can pick me out lol :) ??
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Yes, but I dated a Polish girl for 13 years and even performed in a traditional Polish dance group !! :) She tricked me in thinking it was "pole" dancing .. rofl ..

Here's the proof :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.6797116462.18107.701241462&l=2d13b52936

See if you can pick me out lol :) ??

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif Those Polish girls!! ... Man, 13 years is a long time!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=393953&id=701241462 - but only because her name looked like people might have troubles pronouncing it lol3.gif + how come you still look so skinny after 13 years?? Did you never go for dinner to her grandma's? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif Those Polish girls!! ... Man, 13 years is a long time!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=393953&id=701241462 - but only because her name looked like people might have troubles pronouncing it lol3.gif + how come you still look so skinny after 13 years?? Did you never go for dinner to her grandma's? rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif .. that's my dentist :) . Hehehe, I'm not sure why Poles have a sentence as a name .. eg Katarzyna Klimasjewzska.

Yes, I've experienced the granma's style of cooking such as tripe soup :) .. Hehehe, skinny ?? Maybe because she's always chasing me with a big stick so need to be on my feet wings.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    rolleyes1.gif .. that's my dentist :) . Hehehe, I'm not sure why Poles have a sentence as a name .. eg Katarzyna Klimasjewzska.

I should have read the comment on FB ... haha! Which provokes the question, why are all the Polish people I know either dentists, musicians or architects?? ne_nau.gif They're good friends to have though thumb.gif
    Maybe because she's always chasing me with a big stick so need to be on my feet wings.gif

Bahaha!!! If only my husband would read this, he'd probably go have a beer with you rolleyes1.gif

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=408778&id=701241462 ?
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    I should have read the comment on FB ... haha! Which provokes the question, why are all the Polish people I know either dentists, musicians or architects?? ne_nau.gif They're good friends to have though thumb.gif

Sure is :) .. I get free dental !!! :D Now I need to know some Polish electricians, capenter and mechanics :)

Bahaha!!! If only my husband would read this, he'd probably go have a beer with you rolleyes1.gif

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=408778&id=701241462 ?

Laughing.gif .. No, she's a "crazy" lawyer that doesn't believe in Facebook deal.gif

Unfortunately, I don't drink alcohol (allergy) otherwise your husband could be my new best friend thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Sure is :) .. I get free dental !!! :D Now I need to know some Polish electricians, capenter and mechanics :)

rolleyes1.gif

Well, nice to see you on here! Please post some of your weddings every once in a while, I really enjoyed your set! iloveyou.gif and p.s. we have a monthly contest too (see post on the very top) clap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    rolleyes1.gif

Well, nice to see you on here! Please post some of your weddings every once in a while, I really enjoyed your set! iloveyou.gif and p.s. we have a monthly contest too (see post on the very top) clap.gif

Will do !!

WOW.. just had a look at your web site and love your work, I really like the soft high key tones .. !!clap.gifclap
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Thanks so much :D
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    the sky's are amazing!
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    wow!!

Can you enlighten me how you get that kind of sky?
    is it low aperture, and a flash or something else?

beautiful work!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Sublim3Sublim3 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Love your style, amazing photos!
    Mitch
    mitcht.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    nevermind.. now, that I look at pictures on a decent screen, I see what was done.. :D

still, beautiful work!
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    wow!!

Can you enlighten me how you get that kind of sky?
    is it low aperture, and a flash or something else?

beautiful work!

Sure :) .. Meter for the sky, make sure that it's about -2EV depending on your taste. Then control your flash to match the metering of the sky. The only difficult bit is that the light tend you change quite rapidly, so you only have about 15 mins to do the shoot before the light disappear.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2011
    thank you sir.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2011
    Wow! These are stunning! Thanks for sharing, love your work.