Options

Have a butchers at these shots (not mine)

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited September 10, 2005 in Holy Macro
There are some volcanic plugs just north of here about an hour & im looking at going & climbing then to shoot from.

:rofl

I did some searching on them to see how hard they are to get up & here is what i found.

Photo 1
Photo 2

Seriously waxy ...the place isnt that bad :rofl :rofl :rofl

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 9, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    There are some volcanic plugs just north of here about an hour & im looking at going & climbing then to shoot from.

rolleyes1.gif

I did some searching on them to see how hard they are to get up & here is what i found.

Photo 1
    Photo 2

Seriously waxy ...the place isnt that bad rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    hehe...very funny icon10.gif

gus, you trying to get waxy out here ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    Do you know Phil mate ? or did his galleries just come up on your searches ? (just wondering cause he's a bit of a legend of the queensland climbing scene and a keen photographer at that - maybe your paths have crossed).

He's a good bloke anyways... and Beerwah really aint that bad (though the steep/slabby start to the 'tourist track' has turned lesser men away:D ).
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    hehe...very funny icon10.gif

gus, you trying to get waxy out here ?
    Waxy does not like critters.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2005
    pseudonym wrote:
    Do you know Phil mate ? or did his galleries just come up on your searches ? (just wondering cause he's a bit of a legend of the queensland climbing scene and a keen photographer at that - maybe your paths have crossed).

He's a good bloke anyways... and Beerwah really aint that bad (though the steep/slabby start to the 'tourist track' has turned lesser men away:D ).
    No...i dont know phil at all. I will give Mt Beerwah a go soon though.

1700 odd feet shoud be a good 'tripod' i recon. Im no mountain climber however i was blessed/cursed with arms like a gibbon so i will give it my best shot.
  • Options
    pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2005
    haha :D

once you're over the base slab it's a casual (if steepish) stroll to the top, nothing technical (if you're using your arms your walking technique needs improvement rolleyes1.gif ).

look forward to seeing the results mate.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    be sure to load up on extra cherry ripes and tim tams, mate. if you get stuck down a hole, you'll be ok with those 'mergency supplies lol3.gif
  • Options
    Bloody Nora !!!!

Just got back from the top of Mt Ngungun....those flamin' ants were ther waiting for me...you should have seen me !!

I was covered in 'em.
    Will put some shots up soon.