Options

Softball Cropping and Angles

Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited May 23, 2011 in Sports
I am shooting some middle school softball and interested in feedback on cropping and angles of the field. Here are a few from behind home plate and centerfield.
#1 1026818451_WLpsD-M.jpg
#2 1026778702_5BBQR-M.jpg
#3 1026711437_nHbG7-M.jpg
#4 1026884181_zKs9z-M.jpg
Pictures from home plate are not cropped, from the outfield they are.
PDG
Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

Comments

• Options
    KikopriceKikoprice Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    Hey Pat,

#1 and #3 are tilted. If you using DPP for your workflow, ALT, C is the quickest way to the crop and tilt screen. Use something verticle in the pic to adjust the tilt.

#1 and #4 could be cropped so that just the batter is in the picture.

I have a slip of paper with my gear that says "shoot tight, crop tighter." I use to think that I needed to leave room for the parents to crop the picture the way they want it. Now thanks to some great advice I crop with 4:5 or 5:4 ratio so that it is a no brainer for 8x10's.

#2 the catcher has a big pole running out both side of her body. I know it is, what it is sometimes, just make sure your shooting wide open to try to blur the background.

I hope Im not being harsh, but this is the type of feedback I want.

Frank
  • Options
    Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    Kikoprice wrote: »
    Hey Pat,

#1 and #3 are tilted. If you using DPP for your workflow, ALT, C is the quickest way to the crop and tilt screen. Use something verticle in the pic to adjust the tilt.

#1 and #4 could be cropped so that just the batter is in the picture.

I have a slip of paper with my gear that says "shoot tight, crop tighter." I use to think that I needed to leave room for the parents to crop the picture the way they want it. Now thanks to some great advice I crop with 4:5 or 5:4 ratio so that it is a no brainer for 8x10's.

#2 the catcher has a big pole running out both side of her body. I know it is, what it is sometimes, just make sure your shooting wide open to try to blur the background.

I hope Im not being harsh, but this is the type of feedback I want.

Frank
    Not harsh at all, That is what I wanted. I do change the tilt in LR sometimes, I did not with these however. Thanks Patrick
    PDG
    Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8