Options

WTB: F-stop Satori Backpack OR (Naneu pro adventure k5, F-stop tilopa BC)

rfox911rfox911 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 26, 2011 in The Kitchen Sink
Hey guys, brand new to the forums!

Im a very frequent user on the Canon POTN forums but havnt had any luck finding the backpack i need on there so i figured id sign up here.

I am heading to Norway for a while and need one of the three backpacks BADLY! i didnt plan ahead and purchase one sooner.

If anyone has one that they are willing to part with PM ME!!!!:clap

Comments

• Options
    GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Aaah, the anguish of dealing with F-stop. Good gear, steep prices, and ridiculous lead times. If it was not for #1 they would be out of business a long time ago. I suggest you call them and ask to speak with Druid (I think his official title is director of customer experience). He may be able to fix you up with one of their loaners. You will pay full price for a slightly used pack, but that is better than nothing. They did have things in stock briefly a month or so ago, now it is back to SOP --- wait, wait, and more wait. Alternatively, you can buy an equivalent-sized Osprey for 60% of the cost and outfit it with a MountainSmith Cube, Clik camera pod, or something similar. Not quite as convenient for gear access, but the harness is so much better.
    rfox911 wrote: »
    Hey guys, brand new to the forums!

Im a very frequent user on the Canon POTN forums but havnt had any luck finding the backpack i need on there so i figured id sign up here.

I am heading to Norway for a while and need one of the three backpacks BADLY! i didnt plan ahead and purchase one sooner.

If anyone has one that they are willing to part with PM ME!!!!clap.gif
  • Options
    rfox911rfox911 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2011
    GroovyGeek wrote: »
    Aaah, the anguish of dealing with F-stop. Good gear, steep prices, and ridiculous lead times. If it was not for #1 they would be out of business a long time ago. I suggest you call them and ask to speak with Druid (I think his official title is director of customer experience). He may be able to fix you up with one of their loaners. You will pay full price for a slightly used pack, but that is better than nothing. They did have things in stock briefly a month or so ago, now it is back to SOP --- wait, wait, and more wait. Alternatively, you can buy an equivalent-sized Osprey for 60% of the cost and outfit it with a MountainSmith Cube, Clik camera pod, or something similar. Not quite as convenient for gear access, but the harness is so much better.

It's quite the hassle! I went ahead and reluctantly ordered the Tamrac Adventure 10 backpack. I say reluctantly because i know the f-stop satori would suit me so much better. Tomorrow ill try calling f-stop again and doing what you said. If not, then the adventure 10 will be my new best friend through norway.
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    I believe the Tilopa BC is in stock. I just had one in my hands that was brand spankin new a little over a week ago. I wrote a little review/ size comparison of 3 packs. The Tilopa is a really good size. The Sartori is HUGE. The Loka is just a trimmer version of the Tilopa BC. But I guess it all depends on what you need. I love my Loka. I would say their new style harness and frame is awesome. It has been my go to pack for BC snowboarding. Even without camera stuff. I have Dakine and Osprey packs too. So for me that says a lot. But yes you guys are right. At times you need to wait for stuff. But, it is worth the wait too if you have the time.