Options

Mini Challenge #121 - "Make Me Smile...Animal Edition"

2»

Comments

• Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Dear animal lovers, thanks so much for making me smile with your wonderful photos. MC #121 is officially closed. Sorry about the delay in selecting the winners, but I've had a very sick Golden Retriever to tend to for the last few days..

I'll post the winners later tonight and pass the baton. In the meantime... here's to Raider... a gift eleven years ago from me to my soon to be wife. He's given us joy beyond measure during his too short stay here with us.

Tomorrow starts with a walk on the beach, proceeds on to an ice cream cone to lick and ends with a very sad goodbye and relief from too much suffering.

Thanks for participating. Raider and I are going to get to the judging in a few minutes.

1190873147_ZcnBk-L.jpg
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    billseye wrote: »
    Tomorrow starts with a walk on the beach, proceeds on to an ice cream cone to lick and ends with a very sad goodbye and relief from too much suffering.

.... I am so sorry :cry
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    billseye wrote: »
    Dear animal lovers, thanks so much for making me smile with your wonderful photos. MC #121 is officially closed. Sorry about the delay in selecting the winners, but I've had a very sick Golden Retriever to tend to for the last few days..

I'll post the winners later tonight and pass the baton. In the meantime... here's to Raider... a gift eleven years ago from me to my soon to be wife. He's given us joy beyond measure during his too short stay here with us.

Thanks for participating. Raider and I are going to get to the judging in a few minutes.

1190873147_ZcnBk-L.jpg

I'm sorry to hear this Bill. My best to you and your family.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 28, 2011
    so sorry Bill. Its rough to see them suffer and its rough to have to say goodbye.
  • Options
    bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Best to you, Raider.

Our Indy is also 11, and on about two years of "borrowed time." Our thoughts and prayers are with you. It's going to be tough.

1158025775_ZnhJc-M.jpg

:cry
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Sad to hear about Raider Bill, but it sounds like he'll have a very good day, and will be with loved ones.
    What more could anyone ask for?
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Congrats, rbustraen! Well caught and well shot!

To the rest of the entrants, well played! I enjoyed looking and laughing.

Sorry about Raider, Bill. Savor each moment. It's all we really have.
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Bill, sounds like a good send-off for Raider. We lost our cat of 13 years last week......2 states, 6 houses, 2 children and 2 dogs...he'd certainly had a good run with us.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Congrats, rbustraen - very well done! clap.gif

I enjoyed this great mini and laugh at all the photos - such nice entries - congratulations to all!!!

Bill, moments like this come and they are very tough - I know what you mean, and I'm with you
    - very nice dog and nicely done photo.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com