WINNER Mini-Challenge #121 - Make Me Smile... Animal Edition

billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
edited June 1, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
This was fun! What a joy to share the smiles and laughter that animals and pets can bring. Raider and I appreciate the opportunity to share our choices with you all and declare the next winner.

First, let me say thanks to ghinson for picking my May Flower photo last round. Second, I can say that each photo in this round did make me smile and several elicted a true lol response. Third, let's get down to the highly biased and largely random choices for honorable mentions:

HONORABLE MENTION in the traditional "no particular order" format:

As a die-hard Canonite, I had to like this one from jwear
attachment.php?attachmentid=33694&stc=1&d=1306208759-600x600

Seriously, my lovely wife made me pick this one one from JAG as a lesson in how to answer any similar question in only one word: "Whoa."
307538871_QiaEe-600x600.jpg

So, it appears that SimpsonBrothers has the idea. I think his rodent-like version of Keanu Reeves saying "Whoa" was looking at the above horse's butt...
1251565913_D5tJh-L.jpg

How could I ignore the convergence of username and image content in this melodious story from sweetharmony?
IMG6585-600x600.jpg

ghinson, I knew there must be a good explanation for what happened to my keys last summer. Now I know...
5709370473_6bf48cc7bf_b.jpg

I loved all three of yours, davev, but somehow this one kept catching my attention... Kinda reminds me of the bozo who'll always try to pop into your perfectly framed shot with a goofy grin at precisely the wrong moment.
977145715_ddqVW-600x600.jpg

Okay, dlscott56, this is just plain creepy... but for some reason I kept coming back and staring. I'm assuming no black cats were harmed in the creation of this image. :rolleyes
461335479_7YYkT-600x600.jpg

Well, DsrtVW, I love this one. I'm hoping Kilroy returns soon and kicks the a** of some of the taggers around my community!
660907740_K8ccZ-600x600.jpg

Man, this cat's got a BIG head.... Not that all cat's don't suffer the same fate to some extent, but this one's exceptional. A fun shot from DeVerm with a different POV that works really well...
767060867_nLTAK-600x600.jpg

Froch, I really liked this one when you submitted it for DSS #69 and I still do. Remind me though... are you the one in the middle?
1171769882_PB8zq-L.jpg

Now for the TOP THREE

Third Place: Meisterman - Llamas on the Lookout

attachment.php?attachmentid=33723&stc=1&d=1306370942
There's something about this image that looks like street photography in the middle of the desert. Llama hanging out doing what llamas do. Caught in the moment. I wonder, though, if the serious street photogs might get caught up in a debate about whether the llamas that seem to be engaging the photographer have spoiled the true essence of the candid desert-street scene?

Second Place (Runner-up): KevXman - My Eco-Friendly Paper Shredder

i-7PTHTbw-L.jpg
Okay, I'm a cat person AND a dog person. This photo is the essence of kitten in B&W. Sitting in the shredder. Perfectly at home. An expression of curious disinterest. And a clever title to boot. Nicely done!

First Place: rbustrean - Reese

1165445926_GCcK6-L.jpg
This is such a fun shot. There's such a "Who, me?" attitude belied completely by the remains of something fuzzy all over the place. The processing and composition is really good. It makes me want to see just what it is that's been sacrificed to doggie amusement. Congrats rbustrean... you're up for the next round!
Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug

Comments

• KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Congrats rbustrean! Thanks for the Second Place Bill. Could not have been an easy choice. I really enjoyed watching this thread the last two weeks.
    ~ Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    Great job everyone and thanks for all the work Bill.

PS - All animals in our house are treated like royalty. We love 'em iloveyou.gif.
  • DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Congratulations rbustrean and thank you for the HM Bill clap.gif

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    Beautiful, cute winning photo - Congratulations!!! :D

Congratulations to all winners, and entrants clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2011
    This had to be a tough one to judge, Billseye! Congrats to all the honorable mentions, Meisterman, KevXman, and especially our winner, rbustrean!

Great shots guys!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 29, 2011
    Thank you for the mention Bill! Congrates all the HM and runner ups and congrates rbustrean! The baton is passed to you! Bill be sure to PM rbustrean to let him know he won so he can set up the next mini challenge!
  • MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Congrats to all ya'all!!!!
    my favorite was the meer cats with the goatee's...sorry forgot to get the name...but I lmao at that one! rolleyes1.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    JAG wrote: »
    Thank you for the mention Bill! Congrates all the HM and runner ups and congrates rbustrean! The baton is passed to you! Bill be sure to PM rbustrean to let him know he won so he can set up the next mini challenge!

I sent a PM as soon as I posted. I note in his profile that he's not posted since May 21. At what point do we pass the torch to KevXman?
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
    edited May 31, 2011
    Well I guess we need to pass the torch since its been over 72 hours (as per the minichallenge rules). So Kevin is it! I will PM him to let him know....
  • rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    Thank you so much! I would have never expected to win and forgot all about this with being out of the country for work and training. My apologies I didn't respond soon enough... yelrotflmao.gif

On a plus note, I've edited my profile to e-mail me of messages - deal.gif
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
    edited June 1, 2011
    rbustraen wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I would have never expected to win and forgot all about this with being out of the country for work and training. My apologies I didn't respond soon enough... yelrotflmao.gif

On a plus note, I've edited my profile to e-mail me of messages - deal.gif
    Well so glad your ok and that you fixed the problem and a potential future problem! Now you gotta win another so you can challenge us all! thumb.gif