Options

Can't decide...grrr MG12

MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
edited May 30, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have two here...what say you wise folks?
This one is "Sleeper"
12sleeper.jpg
This one is Comatose
08%252520comatose.jpg
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Of the two, I think #1 is the more interesting photo. Would consider cloning out the junk on the ground to the left of the car, just think the composition might be better. But only if this can be done without subsequent detection.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 30, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    Of the two, I think #1 is the more interesting photo. Would consider cloning out the junk on the ground to the left of the car, just think the composition might be better. But only if this can be done without subsequent detection.

15524779-Ti.gif Wonder whether cropping this so that only the low white junk behind the grasses/weeds is visible. It might be less conspicuous then.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Definitely Sleeper. It is much stronger compositionally. I agree about the junk on the right.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    Like this?
    12sleepercrop.jpg
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    That looks better to me, but I might omit the dark area at the end unless you think that gives some context to what it is or something. See what others think. I'm a bit brain dead just now....

Gretchen
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    I think a tighter crop of the car and leave out as much of the rest of it that you can, but leave in some of the verticle brown weeds on the right side. For me that would emphasize the car more. Maybe cut off about 1/3 of the white board on the ground leaving some of the brown verticle weeds. Saturate the reds and rusts just a bit more and desaturate the greens. I think all the greens in the background take away from the beauty of the car, but the foilage in front of the car make the car POP. When you go in closer to the car you can see something like a bullet hole in the drivers side front window there. Just my thoughts... hope it helps.. :)
    Like this?
    12sleepercrop.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    erased what was here...it was not important...my psycho babble....lol
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    ok here it is cropped more and this time I put a tea stain process on it. What do you think?
    12teastain.jpg

I'm gathering to courage to knock on the door and ask the hermits who live here to sell me the car, my husband really likes it- there is also a couple more in better condition but I think this one has character.
    for the rest of the body being rusted so bad, the chrome is still rocking it's shine!
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    I like the tea stain look. My monitors are a bit off so the color in the earlier one is probably fine, but this one looks better from where I'm sitting (literally) :D I wouldn't mind seeing more to the right of the car, but this crop more or less eliminates the debris from our attention. Hope this helps!

Gretchen