Options

Engagement Session

mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited June 1, 2011 in Weddings
Recent Engagement Session...C&C is much appreciated. Thanks for looking!

i-qBHWDqx-L.jpg

i-GhZZ25p-L.jpg

i-jqWD3db-L.jpg

i-DWG6Sm4-L.jpg

i-PmRj9qb-L.jpg

i-MBHXjWL-L.jpg

i-LxH3zrm-L.jpg

i-KFh7f7h-L.jpg

i-Vx4W2wd-L.jpg

i-bdCGDKF-L.jpg

i-G2mG6Cg-L.jpg

i-ftbSZCf-L.jpg

i-Fw5XCgB-L.jpg

i-7FP9Qm9-L.jpg

i-WjwfzjH-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Nice set! A lot of variety here and they look very genuinely happy (no forced smiles) from what I can see :)

My main C&C is that a few images are a bit overly bright, and the one where you've got her looking over his shoulder, I wish the ring was in focus too.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    Nice set! A lot of variety here and they look very genuinely happy (no forced smiles) from what I can see :)

My main C&C is that a few images are a bit overly bright, and the one where you've got her looking over his shoulder, I wish the ring was in focus too.

Thanks for the advice Shima! Which ones look a bit too bright. As a general rule I like to process bright and colorful (when possible) but don't want to go too far! I totally agree about the ring. I was bummed when I saw that I didn't get it in focus
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Nice set! I like the rings on the trombone the best, but might have used a slightly higher f/stop so they wouldn't be quite as blurry.

My only critique is that I'd straighten the truck in the background of #1 and the same with #13.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Shima wrote: »

I agree...maybe it's just me...but it seems there are a few where you got the focal point wrong. But thats just being nit picky...because all in all they are really original and for that I say Kudo's to you! thumb.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    I enjoy #7 very much!
    Everything else was already pointed out.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    I agree...maybe it's just me...but it seems there are a few where you got the focal point wrong. But thats just being nit picky...because all in all they are really original and for that I say Kudo's to you! thumb.gif

Could you elaborate on your point about the focal point being wrong. I am trying to learn and get better. Thanks!
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    mpriest13 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice Shima! Which ones look a bit too bright. As a general rule I like to process bright and colorful (when possible) but don't want to go too far! I totally agree about the ring. I was bummed when I saw that I didn't get it in focus

1, 2, 4 bothered me the most, but if you increase saturation or black levels (fiddle around?) that might fix it... they just also seem a bit washed out.
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    mpriest13 wrote: »
    Could you elaborate on your point about the focal point being wrong. I am trying to learn and get better. Thanks!

Oh of course...I'm so sorry....

#2...while you did get her eyes...that is great...I think when I see this picture, you should have gotten the ring as well. If it didnt come out of the camera like this, I would try to sharpen the ring up. I have an action that does this sort of thing.

#6, The focus seems to be on the Gear behind the girl and goes out of focus as it moves over the couple, so that the front of his face starts losing focus and it gradually grows to the back of his head.

#14 If this were my shoot (and God please don't think I'm telling you what to do...it's just MO...I would have cropped out the whole left side, because you have a nice foreground bokeh going on, but why bother with that space to the left...i literally stopped looking at the couple trying to figure out what the heck was back there...was it a room..etc...

I'm weird like that tho (ADD) so, take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    :D

#15 also, focus on her great...his face not so great, looks blurry, but the rest looks great.
    Again, could be me...could be my tired eyes...looking at pictures of brides all day gets your eyes wacky!
    hope this helped
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    I like most of them very much, but the puckered lips in several kissing shots are very unnatural looking. Sometimes just jokingly telling them "NO Puckering!" when they do that for the camera will result in smiles and more realistic looking kisses.