Options

Canon Beach, OR - Haystack Rock

bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
edited June 2, 2011 in Landscapes
You can't go to the coast of Oregon and not visit Canon Beach, it's just a must see. Even though it's a landmark you'll be pleasantly surprise at how uncrowded it is. Family take their kids and dogs out for leisurely walks up & down one of the most pristine beaches on the planet. I go there often. :)

CB-01-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    The OR coast is a pretty popular spot to see in this forum but I never get tired of seeing it. Hopefully one day in person. thumb.gif
  • Options
    NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    One of my favorite places on the planet. Wish I could afford to live there...
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • Options
    bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    One of my favorite places on the planet. Wish I could afford to live there...

It seems unusual that you live in Alaska but wish you could live in Oregon. I've been lead to believe the cost of living in Alaska is almost as bad as Hawaii. I'm presently living on employment benefits and about to switch over to social security checks and have no difficulty living here. There's no sales tax here but property & income taxes are high. I rent a studio apartment for $535 a month. With Oregon's mild climate utilities are really cheap. I could retire anywhere and choose to live here because of the beauty, clean air and clean water. It's a photographer's paradise.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    Beautiful picture.thumb.gif I'm glad you included people in the shot as they give a sense of scale to the rocks.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    bobmielke wrote: »
    It seems unusual that you live in Alaska but wish you could live in Oregon. ...
    I meant specifically Cannon Beach. We do plan on retiring to Oregon some day. Assuming we can afford to retire at all...
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    Beautiful picture.thumb.gif I'm glad you included people in the shot as they give a sense of scale to the rocks.

Tom

Haystack is 235 ft high, the 3rd largest intertidal monolith in the world. really quite impressive up close!

nice photo, Bob...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    The OR coast is a pretty popular spot to see in this forum but I never get tired of seeing it. Hopefully one day in person. thumb.gif

Schmoo, you haven't been there? my God, woman, what have you been doing with yourself! eek7.gif if you can make Mt Rainier, a side trip to Cannon Beach is surely within range! :D
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com