Comments

• Options
    JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    Caught up to everyone!
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 23, 2011
    There was a thread started a couple years ago (09) where I had liked a bunch and not many returned the favor. So I will repost here and see what happens!

Like JAG Creations

Edit...I just figured out how to like while in my JAG Creations nick. Some I have 'liked' under my real name using my actual fb personal account. So sorry about that. I will try and replace those when I have time. I am off for now! Please like my JAG Creations page.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    JAG wrote: »
    Edit...I just figured out how to like while in my JAG Creations nick.

That was a pain in the butt. I had done the same thing. You are liked mwink.gif
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    JAG wrote: »
    There was a thread started a couple years ago (09) where I had liked a bunch and not many returned the favor. So I will repost here and see what happens!

Like JAG Creations

Edit...I just figured out how to like while in my JAG Creations nick. Some I have 'liked' under my real name using my actual fb personal account. So sorry about that. I will try and replace those when I have time. I am off for now! Please like my JAG Creations page.

Liked!
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • Options
    JoiJoiJoiJoi Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Liked!
    like me back too :)

link in my sig!

Joi Cohen-Haroun
  • Options
    JoiJoiJoiJoi Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Like My Page!! I will like you back!! :)
    Trying to build up my page like count!
    Come on fellows! "Like my page" my husband and I will Like you back :)
    feel free to follow me on twitter too!

Joi Cohen-Haroun
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    I just started the voting process of my submitted baby photo contest on my fan page and in the last 12 hours I have gotten 60 new fans. :D They have to become a fan to "like" the photo, which is how they vote. :) I wonder how many will remain fans after the fact, but either way I am getting some exposure in the area. :D

I am taking the time to thank each person for becoming a fan, and a lot of them "like" my thank you. Plus it puts another link to my fan page on their wall for their friends to see. :)

I went from 179 *stalled around there for a while* up to 240 so far.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    GerryDavid wrote: »
    I just started the voting process of my submitted baby photo contest on my fan page and in the last 12 hours I have gotten 60 new fans.

Where is your fan page link?
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Liked!
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    MountainRiverPhotographyMountainRiverPhotography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 24, 2011
    In the process of liking everyone please visit my page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-River-Photography/158320314219120?ref=ts
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    Where is your fan page link?

I haven't put it here, I want to get all locals with my fans, not other photographers. :D I know that comes off bad but its not how I mean it. :)

Im up to 310 fans from 179 from 15 hours ago, thanks to that baby contest. I was hoping for 100 more and im about at 130 more already. Thats another 60 people I have to add and post on their walls. :)
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    I haven't put it here, I want to get all locals with my fans, not other photographers. :D I know that comes off bad but its not how I mean it. :)

I don't pretend to know anything about social networking so I don't know if your idea is good or bad, but obviously it is working because you are doing something right.

We started a page a little while back and haven't really put any effort into promoting it yet until we learn a little something about how we are going to use it.

One of the things that I have noticed is how differently the members of this site are using their pages. What works for one person doesn't mean it will work for others, but all that info is an important learning tool.

While I am curious to see how you are doing what you do, I can certainly respect your decision to stay local because it seems to work for you.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    [URL="Http://facebook.com/JesseMichenerPhotography"]Only like me if you really like me. [/URL]
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    [URL="Http://facebook.com/JesseMichenerPhotography"]Only like me if you really like me. [/URL]

How could anyone not like you rolleyes1.gif
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 24, 2011
    sheesh! I keep forgetting to switch back to my JAG Creations id before liking a bunch. Several times in the past few days I have come in here and liked some...and some are in my real name while others are in my JAG Creations id. And a few might have both! I have gotten a whole 5 new likes...and only 2 of them have been from this adventure here. The other three were from my friends list on my personal page. So I am not really getting this 'networking' thing I guess. If you still would like to Like my JAG Creations page...you can find the link in my signature line.
  • Options
    GwagDesignsGwagDesigns Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Seems like a good idea, here's my Facebook Page ill start looking back through all these :D
    [7D] - [30D] - [GF1] - 70-200f4L | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 105 | Sigma 18-50
    www.GwagDesigns.com | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

• Options
    edited February 26, 2011

Im up to 310 fans from 179 from 15 hours ago, thanks to that baby contest. I was hoping for 100 more and im about at 130 more already. Thats another 60 people I have to add and post on their walls. :)

Another update, its been 48 hours about, and I am up to 443 fans, from the original 179 fans. So an increase of 274 if Id id the math right. I try to add each person that became a fan and thanked them for becoming a fan on their wall, and a couple people got talking to me and it seems like they are interested in making an appointment. It has been pretty time consumptive adding them and doing all that, keeping things organized. At one point I had 140 tabs open in firefox, with firefox using about 900mb of memory in the task manager. :D

Hopefully this will be a worth while venture.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2011
    racer wrote: »
    These fan pages seem to be a waste of time so far for me, lol. I haven't figured out how to get people to "like" me, short of paying them headscratch.gif I cant even get my friends to like me rolleyes1.gif

It seems the problem might just be that EVERYONE has a page for EVERYTHING, so most people just ignore them. If you can burp to the alphabet, you best start a fan page deal.gif

The only way I can see people getting likes, is to give stuff away, yep, pay them to like you naughty.gif

Its only a hobby for me, so my time is probably best used doing something else

My photo contest is going well. I am up to 499 fans, from 179. I try to friend each new fan and thank them publically on their wall for becoming a fan, and provide a link in there, so hopefully my fan profile image will show up *glamor shot* and all their friends will have an easy link to find it.

So far I have been contacted by 5 different people about doing pictures, hopefully they follow through. :)

Ive been using the fan page and facebook more like a blog, keeping fresh material on there. I am terrible at blogging, although now that Im getting some senior portriats, I really should update it so they can view large images easily.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2011
    racer wrote: »
    Its only a hobby for me, so my time is probably best used doing something else

I expect it would be quite different promoting a fun page versus a business page. Marketing for business is going to cost time and money. Social networking is the biggest thing right now.

As a business, we give away stuff all the time so giving away a little something extra on facebook isn't any different for us. We haven't really put much effort into our facebook yet, but we are spending more time to figure out how to use it to our advantage. It is a tool just like business cards.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    bskaranbskaran Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    This is my fan page.

Like me if you like me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BSkaran-Photography-Nature-and-Studio/231012632735

Also trying to do the Tabfusion page but looks like you have to pay for it.
    Cheers - Karan

WWW.bskaran.com
  • Options
    AmosAmos Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Need help with my Facebook Page
    Hi,
    Does anyone has a clue regarding a fan/business page repeatedly becomes UNPUBLISHED?
    When i republish it it lasts for a couple of days...

Below is a screen shot from today; thanks for your time.
    (Can it be my browser, computer, my smugmug page Like box?)

i-qp9v4bW-L.jpg
    Amos :D

http://www.eMixPix.com - Stock Aerial Photos of NYC Metro area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut)
    --- http://www.emixpix.com/New-York - NY Aerial Photos
    --- http://www.emixpix.com/New-Jersey - NJ Aerial Photos
    --- http://www.emixpix.com/Connecticut - CT Aerial Photos

http://www.BestAerialPhotos.com - Aerial Photography service in the NYC Metro area

• Options
    insharpfocusinsharpfocus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2011
    Hey!
    Hey BsKaran , i just liked your page! will you check out mine and like ? thanks alot! www.facebook.com/gjrsphotos

All likes will be returned! :)

Just need to know who liked it , so I can return you a like on your page! thanks :)

Enjoy Shooting Guys!!
  • Options
    kathiemtkathiemt Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    My photo contest is going well. I am up to 499 fans, from 179. I try to friend each new fan and thank them publically on their wall for becoming a fan, and provide a link in there, so hopefully my fan profile image will show up *glamor shot* and all their friends will have an easy link to find it.

So far I have been contacted by 5 different people about doing pictures, hopefully they follow through. :)

Ive been using the fan page and facebook more like a blog, keeping fresh material on there. I am terrible at blogging, although now that Im getting some senior portriats, I really should update it so they can view large images easily.

I've just been following this thread and liking many of the pages listed here - still getting through them all.

What photo comp did you do? I've been thinking of doing one on my page. I'm just waiting for a copy of a new photobook I've done to arrive in the mail. If it's turned out ok I'll be able to order more copies and have them delivered direct to winners. I've got nearly 300 fans so far and growing it.

I have my photoblog post to my FB page every day and then pop in to welcome new fans or to add comment, or upload some more photos from time to time.

Congrats on being asked to do some pics for people. I got my first exhibition (last May) simply by being on Facebook and connecting with a local cafe who loved my shots.
  • Options
    SangeetaSangeeta Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    Facebook ads
    Hi all, I'm new here and find these forums incredibly useful, thanks for all the help and tips!

On Facebook, I've just created a page and have run a few ads, and after a while found which one worked the best for me. It only resulted in about 10 new fans though, and I had to pay for them.

I think contests are the way to go, but I've also heard that you get a lot of people who're just in it for the contest and then 'unlike' your page once it's over.

For those who have run contests, did you experience this problem?

Anyhoo, I'm trying to build a client portfolio for family and child portraits. You can view my page at http://www.facebook.com/vagelphotography.

And like it if you want :)
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2011
    Hi Vagel, lovely to meet another Melbournite here. I'm in the Dandenong Ranges. Over time your Facebook fans will grow. I started with inviting all those personally connected to me to like the page. Not all did, but some did so that was a start. And from there some of those shared my photos with others. Plus I've had other photographers like my page from groups like this, but of course, our ultimate aim is for more clients so we need to spread further afield. You've got your Facebook link and Twitter on your website which is good - I get new people from both sources. And I write a daily photoblog. You might not be able to do this - at least on a daily basis, but you might like to write 1-4 posts a month about jobs you've had, people you've worked with, fun shoots, shoots you've learnt from and so on. This helps keep the content on your website fresh from an SEO perspective and also gives potential clients an insight into the type of person and photographer you are and allows them to feel they've gotten to know you. Again, from time to time, some will share your posts with others and even leave comments. It's a constant thing - building your potential client base. Have fun with it!
  • Options
    SangeetaSangeeta Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2011
    Thanks Kathie, some really good tips there. I live fairly close to the Dandenong Ranges myself (in Wantirna) and love bringing visitors up to Sassafras :)
  • Options
    SlightlyPearShapedSlightlyPearShaped Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Just starting out with this whole social media thing. Its...a bit confusing after a while, but I can see how useful it is. Liked Kathiemt's and bskaran's pages.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    I just set my site up today and will tweek it over the next few days. Plz like me too!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003085685580
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    Just starting out with this whole social media thing. Its...a bit confusing after a while, but I can see how useful it is. Liked Kathiemt's and bskaran's pages.

Thanks for that. I went to like you back but you don't have a page listed yet that I can see - just a personal profile. Did look at your blog though, some lovely shots there.
  • Options
    SlightlyPearShapedSlightlyPearShaped Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    kathiemt wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I went to like you back but you don't have a page listed yet that I can see - just a personal profile. Did look at your blog though, some lovely shots there.

*doh* yeah I didn't even realise that's how it works. Thanks for pointing that out, I would have just continued without realising. I think I have a proper "page" set up now. Updated the link in my sig, let me know if I done it right guys?