Options

2nd shooting :: Maritza & Wynn

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited June 4, 2011 in Weddings
2nd shot this for Pat Furey.

Blogged.

{I'll get around to posting Isla Mujeres here.. haha!} Note if you photograph an Asian Wedding, be prepared for an ocean of people with cameras.

IMG3997-L.jpg

IMG4034-L.jpg

IMG4101-L.jpg

IMG4063-L.jpg

IMG4212-L.jpg

IMGL1410-L.jpg

IMGL1503-L.jpg

IMGL1637-L.jpg

IMGL1894-L.jpg

IMGL1937-L.jpg
I cropped their cameras out of here, via filled space, around Pat. haha!

Enjoy. To the serious folk, yes I took a lot of artistic liberties here.
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    Ted, your framing is so fun! Lovin' seeing your style emerge.... these are very Ted-esque. Love 5 7 & 8!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Ted, your framing is so fun! Lovin' seeing your style emerge.... these are very Ted-esque. Love 5 7 & 8!

+1.

The location is to die for .... sigh ...

Really liking your b&w conversions. You got quite some keepers here! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    +1.

The location is to die for .... sigh ...

Really liking your b&w conversions. You got quite some keepers here! clap.gif

My new B&W conversion keeper!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    My new B&W conversion keeper!

Yeah you've been doing a very classy job with B&W lately, and agree they're all very Ted-esque, you've really grown into your own unique style! I love seeing how we all mature into our own separate and unique styles on here :)
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Hi Ted,

Like your work...sometimes I'm not seeing the long term value in some of your images...like number 8 here. You mind explaining exactly what the aesthetic value is to the couple. I can't recognize who or what is in the image.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Hi Ted,

Like your work...sometimes I'm not seeing the long term value in some of your images...like number 8 here. You mind explaining exactly what the aesthetic value is to the couple. I can't recognize who or what is in the image.

I appreciate the concern, but I do "normal" shots as well. I usually post what I think is cool. And as I mentioned in the post, I took a lot of artistic liberties as I was 2nd shooting and if I were near the middle I would have been in the main's way.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    I appreciate the concern, but I do "normal" shots as well. I usually post what I think is cool. And as I mentioned in the post, I took a lot of artistic liberties as I was 2nd shooting and if I were near the middle I would have been in the main's way.

Thanks for your explanation. More people should try some out-of-the-box shooting.

Liking your 3, 7, and 9.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    what is the #9?
    Are the images streamed onto the ipad?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    #9 is one example of the number of people we had to deal with cameras. This guy was with the ipad2, using that as his go to camera. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    sigh... and I got excited.. hehe.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    #9 is one example of the number of people we had to deal with cameras. This guy was with the ipad2, using that as his go to camera. rolleyes1.gif

lol... was he at least capturing crappy ipad2 quality video and not just stills? :)
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    I agree with the masses here, that these are very descriptive of your personal style Ted. Even more pronounced since you were 2nd shooterin' and pushing the envelope some. Well, I know I do!! I don't always get your work, but it is nearly always interesting regardless. #9 didn't get me too excited and hearing your explanation makes it a little better, but if you had included the "photographer" in the image it would have told the story on it's own. I personally would like to see about another 1/2 stop on the shot of Pat. Conversions are are nice. I like the overall grit in the last few. 6 and 7 are stunning... you are really working the foreground blur well on many of these. Good job Ted!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    I think i have an image of the guy, but in a different scene:

IMG4198-L.jpg

IMG4393-L.jpg

I hope that helps putting things into perspective. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    Next 2nd shoot, it's gonna be on my ipad...wait.. my ipad doesn't have a camera! AHHH!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    I enjoyed these!

A question and a comment.

How big a problem for your shots (and the main's) was all the ceiling-bounced flash?

While "untidy" frames and compositions attract attention, personally I feel that it is still important to be choosy about what's in that stuff. Take #5 for example. I find a lot to like - the placing of the subject, the description of the location, the candid "spying" feel, the quality of the b&w - still, for me, a lot of all that is undone by the random blur right in our face, which has the biggest impact. This shot reminds me of a movie style, where we see some intimate revelation about a character as a fly on the wall, and we see through an architectural perspective from a panning camera. However, I can think of no such scene which puts a big random meaningless blur right there in front. It would be likely a bit of architecture, or a prop, which is still recognisable and relevant to the scene. So not just anything will do in there, I think, if you want the image to come across at its best. Just "playing around" doesn't necessarily mean worthless.

Saw the new additional posts as I was typing this, and I must say that you have a way of capturing "crowd" scenes which makes them feel dramatic.clap.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    TEAMKENTEAMKEN Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Thanks for sharing,
    I enjoyed them...very interesting shots.
    Great...different prespective from most .
    Well done.
    Ken
    Canon-Elinchrom-Skyports