Options

#78 1st attempt

Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
edited June 6, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does that make any sense for the theme? It has a bunch of light in it, but I don't see an "end" really, do you?

_MG_4285.jpg
“To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
― Edward Weston

Comments

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Maybe if you crop it vertically...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    That is pretty interesting!
    It reminds me of that movie "Something Wicked this way comes". I agree, maybe cropping it vertically would make it look like your coming on up on it, instead of displaying the layout with a wide view.
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    images.jpg
    Like this ...it reminds me of this. :)
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    I agree with Tatiana. Crop a bit on the top as well.

Maybe B&W for everything except the Roncalli pavilion? Kind of a Wizard of Oz effect.

Maybe call it Pied Piper? or Midway?
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    I think it would look better with a portrait crop as well with some emphasis on the middle... I find the cars and the yellow thing on the left side a little distracting.
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited June 6, 2011
    I like having some of the context of this shot, but agree that this would benefit from being cropped on both sides so that our attention is focusing on the road leading into the amusement park. It would strengthen the appearance that this light is at the end of...the road. The sky is adding a nice contrast to the colors of the pavilion but not distracting us from the light below. I think there is potential here. Perhaps crop it a few different ways and repost for input again? Good luck!