Options

#78 - Several ideas

StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
edited June 12, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I need some help. Do any of these shots work for this challenge? :dunno It has been an incredibly busy week, but I've kept my cameras close at hand and have tried to catch some quick shots of this beautiful spring light we've been experiencing (finally!). I've got a few more days before the weather is supposed to shift again, so I can keep trying!

1. ...of a Soft Spring Day

Spring-Blossoms-1-of-5-M.jpg

2. Of Apple Blossom Time

Apple-Blossoms-1-of-1-M.jpg

3. Of Apple Blossom Time (2)

Apple-Blossoms-3-1-of-1-M.jpg

4. Light at the Edge of My World

On-the-Edge-of-My-World-1-of-1-M.jpg

5. Always Ready to Chase the Light

Indy-in-Setting-Sun-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    I like #4 best :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    zoomnzoomn Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2011
    Thanks, zoomn and photo-funtasia. I truly appreciate you chiming in!

I was happy with #4 also...I spied this sunset from my back deck, ran through the house and grabbed the first camera I saw (an Olympus ep1), jumped in my car and drove about an 1/8 of a mile to where the highway rises just a touch and then falls away. And thank goodness the light held. This is the drive I get to make every morning!

Just didn't know if it was a good enough capture for the contest...nor did I know if a sunset would be a bit cliche...
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    I agree that of all of them, #4 is the easiest to pin to the challenge theme.....
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2011
    Okay, I'm gonna put a different spin on your choices...

With the caveat that you've received lots of positive on the sunset... and I see you've posted it in the gallery, I want to compliment the concept and execution of #1 related to this theme, too.

The soft (afternoon, I presume?) light and controlled DOF works really well. While I didn't initially see the connection to the theme, you're title worked to pull it together. Nice work!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2011
    billseye wrote: »

The soft (afternoon, I presume?) light and controlled DOF works really well. While I didn't initially see the connection to the theme, you're title worked to pull it together. Nice work!

Thanks! I really appreciate the compliment. The idea actually comes from a poem I once read...but it may be a bit obtuse. The light was early evening, if I remember correctly...I live up north, so the sun doesn't set until quite late. It was taken the same evening as the sunset picture, as a matter of fact.

I did put the sunset in the gallery for now (too many times life has gotten past me and I've missed the opportunity to post at all!).

I may change my mind though. I really like the flower...and yesterday I caught the most beautiful rainbow over our front pasture. If I have time to process that--and come up with a clever, non-cliche title--I may post it. We'll see.
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    I would agree. I think the first one is the best candidate for a wall-hanger. It might just be the smaller version on my monitor, but I feel like I want to see a little bit more of the blossom in focus, and maybe have some of the petal highlights back.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com