Options

Watching The World Go By

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited June 19, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Chuckled at this .. even with the top down and windows too the dog still needed to psychically have his head sticking out :D

i-42KjbsX-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited June 17, 2011
    Cool shot. Have you tried cropping it to get closer?
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Cool shot. Have you tried cropping it to get closer?

Yes .. this one is cropped in. I was a distance away when I took it, but wished I had been closer. It was one of those 'grab it quick' kind of shots since they we're moving faster then should of been. So my focus point was kinda off too rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Hey Mary,

I can't tell from this view how well maintained it is, but that's a neat looking old Pontiac Bonneville. Look at the size of the trunk on that thing....we tend to forget how large the cars of that genre were.

And, for sure, it's a dog thing to physically stick the head out....got to be in their genes.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    Hey Mary,

I can't tell from this view how well maintained it is, but that's a neat looking old Pontiac Bonneville. Look at the size of the trunk on that thing....we tend to forget how large the cars of that genre were.

And, for sure, it's a dog thing to physically stick the head out....got to be in their genes.

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom...

It was super shinny, didn't see any dings in it, wasn't blowing out any black smoke and was running quiet :D
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    yeah, a laugh to see the dog, Mary! dogs probably think cars are a special gift to them from humankind to extend their territory and keep an eye on it. and this one is surely keeping an eye on it! no wonder they love us! come to think of it, that's probably why we love to drive too mwink.gif nothing wrong with your focus that I can see, stopped down pretty much.

car looks in good nick. why does it make me think of a hotdog! it's dragging its tail a bit, or is that the way it's sprung? speaking of which, and never having driven one of these, do they bounce and sway like a little boat on a swell?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    yeah, a laugh to see the dog, Mary! dogs probably think cars are a special gift to them from humankind to extend their territory and keep an eye on it. and this one is surely keeping an eye on it! no wonder they love us! come to think of it, that's probably why we love to drive too mwink.gif nothing wrong with your focus that I can see, stopped down pretty much.

car looks in good nick. why does it make me think of a hotdog! it's dragging its tail a bit, or is that the way it's sprung? speaking of which, and never having driven one of these, do they bounce and sway like a little boat on a swell?

Neil

Hi Neil :D

That dog was keeping an eye on our dog rolleyes1.gifI didn't know what it was going to do nor did I know what mine was going to do, but all was good.

I've not ridden in a car like this before. I've ridden in some big cars like the Olds 98. The 98 rode so smooth. You could cruise down the highway doing 80 or so and not even feel like you were moving or feel a bump on the road. I miss cars like that.

This car in the photo had white leather seats. Sure looked nice.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2011

Neil

Hey Neil,

These are the kind of cars I grew up with.....well, I really started more with cars from the 50's. Handling was not, repeat NOT, a strong suit of these big land barges. Some had enough power to go pretty well, but they tended to wallow all over the place when you got aggressive with the corners. And God help you if you tried to stop quickly. Brakes seemed to be an afterthought of the auto engineers back then. A soft suspension and a lot of weight just didn't lend itself to spirited driving in these behemoths. The huge back seats, however, made for some real exciting times.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    >snip>...

Take care,

Tom

Dogs and motorcyclist are the only ones who understand the "face in the wind" thing rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    Dogs and motorcyclist are the only ones who understand the "face in the wind" thing rolleyes1.gif

Not sure you have to go to such extremes either way, Randy!ne_nau.gif

Just have to go outside here when the roaring forties are roarin'. :D

Neil

• Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Hey Neil,

These are the kind of cars I grew up with.....well, I really started more with cars from the 50's. Handling was not, repeat NOT, a strong suit of these big land barges. Some had enough power to go pretty well, but they tended to wallow all over the place when you got aggressive with the corners. And God help you if you tried to stop quickly. Brakes seemed to be an afterthought of the auto engineers back then. A soft suspension and a lot of weight just didn't lend itself to spirited driving in these behemoths. The huge back seats, however, made for some real exciting times.:D

Tom

That's what I thought, Tom!

And God help you, for what mighta happened in those big ole back seats you mighta had some experience of!mwink.gifrofl

Neil

• Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Hey Neil,

Tom

I remember trying to stop quickly in the Olds 98. We'd be pumpin' the brakes come winter time to get these bigger cars to stop. Driving in snow was the pits. Carrying a shovel and getting stuck were the norm. But .. they had the weight for some great doughnuts in parking lots.

The big back seats were great for hauling all my friends around .. that's what you meant about 'some real exciting times' right :D
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    But .. they had the weight for some great doughnuts in parking lots.

The big back seats were great for hauling all my friends around .. that's what you meant about 'some real exciting times' right :D

Yeah, and that hotdog Pontiac in your pic has got it's tail down just like it would do great doughnuts! And I can just imagine you at the wheel of same with a grin as she slid all the way round and round!mwink.gifrofl

What you, and Tom for that matter, did with all your friends after you hauled them all around in the big back seats of those behemoths you drove is probably best left to the imagination!eek7.gifivar

Neil

• Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Yeah, and that hotdog Pontiac in your pic has got it's tail down just like it would do great doughnuts! And I can just imagine you at the wheel of same with a grin as she slid all the way round and round!mwink.gifrofl

What you, and Tom for that matter, did with all your friends after you hauled them all around in the big back seats of those behemoths you drove is probably best left to the imagination!eek7.gifivar

Neil

AMEN to that, brother Neil. I've prayed many times for forgiveness.:D
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011

Neil

I learned the hard way .. big cars do better doughnuts in parking lots vs streets rolleyes1.gifLight poles can do a lot of damage to the sides of cars.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Howdy Mary,

Laughing.gif, well seen and captured,

Looks like a tough gang rolling through the park

looking for Trouble!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Laughing.gif, well seen and captured,

Looks like a tough gang rolling through the park

looking for Trouble!!!

Hi Craig ..

That dog had me worried for a while rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    Nice capture Mary Kim :D Spot on composition and human interest.
    Sweet thumb.gif
    I can easily recall some neat times for me watching the world go by as I take in this image.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Nice capture Mary Kim :D Spot on composition and human interest.
    Sweet thumb.gif
    I can easily recall some neat times for me watching the world go by as I take in this image.

Hello ...

So glad you liked it :D