Options

Two Legends

MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
edited June 23, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Two Legends flying side by side on Duxford Spring Air Show, England.
MOTwoLegends-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Wow, what a great shot. Love the composition. I actually got a chance to ride in a two seat version (think very cramped) of the P 51. Quite an experience.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2011
    Thanks Frank. Wow, riding in a Mustang, that must have been awesome. thumb.gif.
  • Options
    WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    I was young at the time so not sure I appreciated it as much as I should have .. but it was very cool.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2011
    Super nice result clap.gif Love both these aircraft. Really cool to see them together in such a days gone by way. The Spitfire is something real rare for us to get to see over here and certainly not in flying order.
    Michael
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Fortunately, I get to go up in my friend's P-51. Some time ago, I was set to go up in a really rare two-place Spitfire trainer. Sadly, that deal fell apart when the plane changed hands. I was really looking forward to that one.

Nice that you could grab both of these fine craft in the same shot.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Very nice capture here!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Super nice result clap.gif Love both these aircraft. Really cool to see them together in such a days gone by way. The Spitfire is something real rare for us to get to see over here and certainly not in flying order.

Thanks Michael. I am very lucky, living very close to Duxford War Museum, were they have 8 flying Spitfires.
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2011
    Fortunately, I get to go up in my friend's P-51. Some time ago, I was set to go up in a really rare two-place Spitfire trainer. Sadly, that deal fell apart when the plane changed hands. I was really looking forward to that one.

Nice that you could grab both of these fine craft in the same shot.

Tom

That's pretty cool to have an opportunity of flying in Mustang.
    These two warbirds probably my favourite ones.
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2011
    ront wrote: »
    Very nice capture here!!

Ron

Thanks Ron.
    We will have Flying Legends Air Show pretty soon over here (again at Duxford). I'm really looking forward to that one too. More opportunities to get some decent shots. :D