Options

Help me choose ch:47

SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
edited September 17, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Managed to get my hands on a friends camera today as mine is under repair and have come up with these for the challenge, First one was shot manually 1/13 f8 and is pretty much as is, the second I have darkened & altered contrast using iphoto. Which one?? I'm leaning to No.2.

poser.jpg

5050.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    #2 (b/w)
    Just add a bit more light to the darkened side of your face, it looks underexposed. Unless, of course, that was the main idea..rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just add a bit more light to the darkened side of your face, it looks underexposed. Unless, of course, that was the main idea..rolleyes1.gif

I kind of preferred it darker but will have a further mess about with the minimal controls that iphoto allows. I was trying to get as much of my face as dark as the black background without going too dark. Thanks for your advice though. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    Kind of a toss up for me. Might like to see more wash out/halo on the first one....as to reinforce the fact you wanted the shot that way. Second shot has more dramatic effect...but for some reason..it bothers me that I can't see (at least some) of your eyes ?? Not really important...just one of those things. The black areas don't bother me. Perhaps a little more detail??.

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    I like the first one. Overall it has more interest to me. I like the props too. They add to the shot.

On the second, I don't like the frame background being split by the black and the white. It pulls my eye away from the face.

But what do I knowne_nau.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    I like #1 the best. I like #2 too, but agree with BMP that it would be much improved if you could bring out the eyes. The windows of the soul and all that.:D

Va.

Email
  • Options
    aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2005
    Hi there..

I perfer number one--like the props, the setting, and the body language. Gives us a bit more insight into "you"

Number two is also nice, and even though you had intended to keep one side of the face darker than the other, I find it a bit do subdued.

Michal
  • Options
    Thanks Michal & everyone else. With the original No.2 I was trying to keep the picture 2 tone and hide the eyes but I'm not 100% happy with it myself. Still not sure on No.1 either. Pic No.2 now changed

headscratch.gif
  • Options
    I like the new #2 a lot. thumb.gif Hard for me to pick between #1 and #2. Each has its own tone and impact. Which one says the most about you and about how you see yourself? Back and forth I go. OK. I'm more intrigued by the person in #2.:):

Va.

Email
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    Photo #1 tells a story of a guy relaxing at home. I like the nice clean look of the white background. So my choice would be #1, but photo #2 is also very nice.
  • Options
    aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    hello again

I still perfer number 1 .

Michal
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2005
    auraflora wrote:
    hello again

I still perfer number 1 .

Michal

Thanks Michal and all else, I still lean to No.2 and have entitled it 34/50 as it's half of me and I hit the 34 barrier this Saturday but may well change it to No.1 by the end of the challenge.
    :D
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2005
    hmmm?headscratch.gif No.1, No.2 or No.3?

poser.jpg

5050.jpg

portrait12_1.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    #2 or #3
    Hard to say..
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    I'm sticking with #2, but I also like the others. #2 is edgy and projects just a bit of menace that is missing in the other two. Va

Email