Options

Unable to upload or re-arrange photos

capturingimagescapturingimages Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited June 20, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Hi, currently having problems with uploading/trying to rearrange photos in a gallery. The uploading process seems to work fine, however newly uploaded photos aren't appearing in the gallery, and the tick box Arrange Mode and the Tools > Arrange functions don't seem to be having any effect.

Just curious if this may be a short-term issue?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    tomharrisontomharrison Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    I'm experiencing the same issue.
  • Options
    OnFirePhotographyOnFirePhotography Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
  • Options
    deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Having the same problem trying to customize a new site. It says the upload of a header picture is complete and image is being processed but it never finishes. Because I had larger versions of the same file with the same name except the size indicator in the gallery, I went to to the gallery and deleted those files,... but the spaces for them are still showing and I'm allowed to choose them when trying to customize my header.

New site is lagniappeportraits.smugmug.com
    Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TheDuckTheDuck Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Also just completed an upload of 36 images to find the gallery is empty.
  • Options
    WebheadedWebheaded Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    Experiencing the same problem in trying to upload photos.
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Well at least I am not alone. Just uploaded 50 images and only 18 took. Uploaded the rest and they are in queue for almost an hour now.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I too tried uploading to the challenges gallery. It looks like the images are sitting in the que waiting to be processed. I am sure it is a small glitch that will be fixed shortly by the SmugMug fixing wizards.
  • Options
    cky2kcky2k Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    Yeah same problem here errrrrrrr :(... I went to control panel/stats/upload log/all uploads. All my photos that I uploaded today are sitting "In Queue". This is very frustrating. I did report this to support.

"Thanks for contacting SmugMug. We seem to be having an issue processing uploads at the moment, and as a side effect of this issue, some galleries are showing as being empty, when in reality, they do contain photos. Our apologies for the trouble! We have our engineers on the case, and we're investigating and working on finding the cause of the problem as we speak. We hope to have this resolved shortly.
    You might want to stay tuned to our site status blog here:"

http://status.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Hi Folks, sorry for the uploading problems this morning. We're told it's been fixed so let me know if you still are having troubles.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    It looks like the que is starting to move again. All 5 of the images in the challenges que have completed and showed up in the gallery. clap.gif

Thanks SmugMug!
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    Nothing appearing in the gallery yet, but the "upload queue" is changing such that some images say "complete in 3045s" or so, so it looks like uploaded images will take an hour or so each to finish processing.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Well, this explains why I didn't see the images I just uploaded...
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 20, 2011
    Sorry for the problems folks! All fixed now. Let us know if you have any further problems.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    cky2kcky2k Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    Barb wrote: »
    Sorry for the problems folks! All fixed now. Let us know if you have any further problems.

Moving slow, but it's working. Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    back to normal...thanks!
  • Options
    winnerxpwinnerxp Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    unable to go control panel
    I cant get to my control panel, it just keep redirecting me to smugmug homepage, also I cannot save any information under My Bio, the "saving bio" pop up just stays there.

Any idea?

errr.. now all menus are gone, it takes me around 10x refresh to get it displayed.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    winnerxp wrote: »
    I cant get to my control panel, it just keep redirecting me to smugmug homepage, also I cannot save any information under My Bio, the "saving bio" pop up just stays there.

Any idea?

errr.. now all menus are gone, it takes me around 10x refresh to get it displayed.

Hi, sorry - we can help, please write our Support Heroes and we'll work with you from the helpdesk.
  • Options
    winnerxpwinnerxp Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, sorry - we can help, please write our Support Heroes and we'll work with you from the helpdesk.

Thanks Andy,

looks like its my own problem, I can access everything thru mydomain.smugmug.com but not from www.mydomain.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    winnerxp wrote: »
    Thanks Andy,

looks like its my own problem, I can access everything thru mydomain.smugmug.com but not from www.mydomain.com
    Delete the Smugmug cookies and clear your cache.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog