Options

U6 Soccer, week 2

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Sports
Lighting was not as ideal as last week, still happy with most of the results.

1. Need to start with my big guy. So proud he is getting into the game. He is far from one of the better players on the team, but that really does not matter. Important thing is that he is getting into it :)
U6-Team-Italy-June-14-2011-12-XL.jpg

2. Above picture is a HUGE crop. A more moderate crop is this one which shows the awesome teamwork already developing. Of course the three front players on our team also played together last year, and they are the team stars.
U6-Team-Italy-June-14-2011-11-XL.jpg

3. This little guy had an awesome run. He stole the ball and ran it the whole length of the field. Unfortunately it did not end in a goal though :(
U6-Team-Italy-June-14-2011-21-XL.jpg

4. Starting to get the odd shot of the coaches. I plan on doing something special for them at the end of the season. A very nice husband wife team. I will likely be cloning out the arm for the finished product.
U6-Team-Italy-June-14-2011-34-XL.jpg

5. Not the greatest picture, but great action. Unfortunately by this time the action was in the shade and shutter speeds were creeping up. I was shooting aperture priority and shutter speeds are something I will need to be watching closely from now on. I still love the action though.
U6-Team-Italy-June-14-2011-46-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I like #3
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Toshido wrote: »
    5. Not the greatest picture, but great action. Unfortunately by this time the action was in the shade and shutter speeds were creeping up. I was shooting aperture priority and shutter speeds are something I will need to be watching closely from now on. I still love the action though.
    U6-Team-Italy-June-14-2011-46-XL.jpg

When the shadows come in, back off from F4 to F3.2, and up your 400 ISO to get higher SS. You simply CAN NOT shoot daytime sports at 1/200, and get good results.

The fact that none of the grass is in focus shows that this shot suffers more from motion blur.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't even hesitate hitting the delete button on that shot, and I wouldn't even consider posting it anywhere.

Liked the others.

Word of warning aout the coaches shots, female coaches are very "fill in the blank" about their pics being posted on the net. mwink.gif
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    nipprdog wrote: »
    When the shadows come in, back off from F4 to F3.2, and up your 400 ISO to get higher SS. You simply CAN NOT shoot daytime sports at 1/200, and get good results.

The fact that none of the grass is in focus shows that this shot suffers more from motion blur.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't even hesitate hitting the delete button on that shot, and I wouldn't even consider posting it anywhere.

Fully understand and mostly agree with you about deleting it. This was a bit of a stand out for me though simply because of the amount of action that is involved. There simply is not that much sliding around and fight over the ball like this at this age, at least not what I have seen.
    This is actually the best out of about 5 frames I got from the two times this player was in this position, but I was not paying attention to the shutter speed :(

Well tomorrow is week three and hopefully I can get a high action shot like this, but sharp next time.

Thank you for the comments.