Options

iOS Slideshow Problem

BoboBobo Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited May 11, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Hello there,

I have noticed when you choose to play a gallery slideshow on either an iPhone 4 or an iPad for example that the nav bar remains onscreen superimposed on an image playing in the background.

I have attached a screen shot from my iPhone to show you what I mean - can this be fixed somehow? I'd like for the nav bar to disappear when playing a slideshow.

Thanks

Bobo

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    Hi Bobo,

I'm not seeing such issue on another site, like Andy's:
    www.moonriverphotography.com

which makes me think this could be customization related. Looking a bit at your code you're using a whole lot of !important parameters in your CSS code. Those should not be used unless absolutely necessary. I'd recommend updating your code and removing those !important parameters at least for your navbar if not other parts of your site too, to prevent display issues.

As always, make sure that you have a copy of all your customizations before making changes (via the 'email it' button that's easily done).

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2011
    The nav bar showing within a gallery slideshow is the only display issue I'm aware of. The vast majority of customisation code has been obtained from either this forum or directly from SmugMug themselves.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2011
    I have checked my nav bar CSS and there is no instances of !important; within there to remove? I can see it in other sections so confused which section needs adjusting.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    Can anyone offer assistance with this problem..I am hopeful it is a relatively quick CSS tweak but I am only a novice ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2011
    I'm no customization expert, but from this section on in your CSS, there's a ton off !important parameters:
    /* End Navbar Code */

Like this code:
    .nav, .nav .title, a.nav, a.nav:visited, a.nav:active, a.nav:hover, .pageNav, a.down, a.down:active, a.down:hover, a.down:visited, .nav a.down { color: #FFFFFF !important; font-family: arial !important; }

You may just want to try to temporarily remove the whole CSS code section and see if that resolves your issue. Then you can step-by-step put the code back in until you find the offending code.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    I'm still struggling with this folks :-(

It only seems to be on iOS devices like the iPhone or iPad I notice this issue plus just found out on my Macbook Pro that you have to double click on the galleries slideshow button to make it start?
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    Yay I managed to fix it myself by commenting out the following line clap.gif

/*z-index: 99;*/

Problem solved!
  • Options
    divefishskidivefishski Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    iOS/iPad does not display the contents below the slideshow window
    Hello, my iPad does not display the 'Caption' text content below the slideshow window but display perfectly well in PC Windows platforms. It appears that the 'Caption' test contents overlaps and layered behind the slideshow window making it not visible in the iPad iOS platform. I say this because when the slideshow window is right clicked then copy and paste it, it will only copy the 'Caption' test content. Even though the 'Caption' text content is not visible and I suspect it is behind the slideshow instead of wrapping around the slideshow window in iPad iOS.

However, if the Gallery Style under Gallery Settings is set to 'Journal (old)', the iPad platform will display 'Caption' text content properly.

Can this be fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated... thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2012
    Hello, my iPad does not display the 'Caption' text content below the slideshow window but display perfectly well in PC Windows platforms.
    The slideshow on iOS currently doesn't support captions. Sorry.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero