Options

U6 Soccer

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 21, 2011 in Sports
After missing their opening tournament and the first regularly scheduled game my sons team finally made it to the field.

C&C is always welcome.

1. Need to open up with my kid. :)
Soccer-June-7-2011-1-of-46-XL.jpg

2. Love the eyes on this one, he is really looking where he wants that ball to go.
Soccer-June-7-2011-24-of-46-XL.jpg

3. Love the way some of the kids really get into the game.
Soccer-June-7-2011-25-of-46-XL.jpg

4. Eyes on the ball moment before scoring a goal.
Soccer-June-7-2011-41-of-46-XL.jpg

5. Why I love watching these kids play. The joy of that goalie making a save. This is right at the end of the game where that goalies team lost 7-0. Still does not dampen his joy in making this save. Just too bad the focus is off a little :(
Soccer-June-7-2011-46-of-46-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Great shots IMO. Tight composition, good faces, wonderful expressions.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2011
    Thank you for the kind comments. I almost feel like I am cheating because the timing of the games is shortly before sunset the lighting is fantastic. I would have better backgrounds on the other end of the field but then I would be fighting the sun for lighting.
  • Options
    Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2011
    Toshido wrote: »
    Thank you for the kind comments. I almost feel like I am cheating because the timing of the games is shortly before sunset the lighting is fantastic. I would have better backgrounds on the other end of the field but then I would be fighting the sun for lighting.
    Good pics, I would increase speed to eliminate any blur and allow for motion. Fun Times
    PDG
    Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    Nice,,

thats how i got hooked, and now four digi's later.....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
  • Options
    NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2011
    Super shots... looks like you're getting the camera level down low which imho is where you'll get the best shots from. Somewhere between their waist and their shoulders is a great angle.

That is such a fun age. Gets so serious (or maybe just the parents do) at U10/U11. My oldest is in U16 this year - the camera keeps my lip zipped except for the most outrageous of fouls.
  • Options
    legatolegato Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2011
    Good pics, I would increase speed to eliminate any blur and allow for motion. Fun Times

I'd have to disagree. There's enough clarity on the faces, that the little bit of blur in the hands and ball actually add a little bit of a "motion" effect to the shots. Either way, these are wonderfully composed, and I'm jealous clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2011
    legato wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree. There's enough clarity on the faces, that the little bit of blur in the hands and ball actually add a little bit of a "motion" effect to the shots. Either way, these are wonderfully composed, and I'm jealous clap.gif

Thank you.

I am torn regarding shutter speeds. With these little guys the current SS for these pictures is, imo, sufficient. I agree that a little motion blur in the extremities and in the ball is not necessarily a bad thing.
    However, as the kids get bigger and faster higher shutter speeds will be needed for the same effect.

Either way it is something I need to be more aware of, as apparent in my week 2 pictures.