Options

Monolake

MHughesMHughes Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited September 14, 2005 in Landscapes
Evening, I been missing in action but I am finally finding time to sort my pictures, I thought I would start with a picture from Monolake, that family trip back in July I believe. Hope everyone is well, and now back to processing for me so I can show off some more of my work.

33353146-M.jpg
[size=-1][/size] "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." -Diane Arbus-

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    i'm jealous that you and ed and your little sherpa get to go to these places all the time - mono lake is gorgeous, the tufa looks so eerie - and in this shot, what lovely subtle pastels in the sky!

well done :D
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    I think that is the first picture I've seen of Mono Lake without the lake! Nicely done!
  • Options
    PatandRichPatandRich Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2005
    Beautiful work the lighting is fantasticthumb.gif

I first saw Mono Lake in 71. I later visited an aunt who is an artist and lived there in the 40's. She showed me drawings of the lake then and explained there actually was a large lake there then but over the decades was pretty much drained to supply LA with water. Don't know how true that is but it created some great photo ops.

Rich
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Very unique photo of a very photographed location.

Sam
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    lots of interest in that shot keeps me looking and Andy is right about the great pastels..................Mereimage
  • Options
    thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2005
    Foreground Element
    What makes this image really work for me is the tall grass in the foreground. Just perfect.
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2005
    Awesome shot. thumb.gif That's a place I definitely want to get a chance to visit.

Erich