Options

New to this....

5Dme5Dme Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited June 22, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok' I hope this works. I want ot make sure I am doing things correct for the contest. Please comment, good bad or indifferent. I would have just uploaded a jpg but they appear to be large than what is allowed in the thread.

http://imagesbytoddross.smugmug.com/Other/Contest-79/17672629_t2T2s3/

Comments

• Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Just use the insert image button right above where you type (it's yellow and looks like a little mountain) it will show like it does in my post here.
    I like the image. It seems just a tad light to me. If you can get to the same spot I would re shoot a few times trying out different exposure settings. I would also re frame the shot to include a little more ground.

Also it shows in the information that it has been modified. Make sure you check that before you submit and be sure the Modified and Taken time are the same.

i-NHdvFkP-XL.jpg
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    I agree with Chandlerja that there is a little too much sky and not enough ground but other than that great shot, great mountains in the background.
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 22, 2011
    What a lovely sky! Would be great to see a bit more of the ground if you can reshoot, but I like it.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2011
    CHANDLERJA wrote: »
    Just use the insert image button right above where you type (it's yellow and looks like a little mountain) it will show like it does in my post here.
    I like the image. It seems just a tad light to me. If you can get to the same spot I would re shoot a few times trying out different exposure settings. I would also re frame the shot to include a little more ground.

Also it shows in the information that it has been modified. Make sure you check that before you submit and be sure the Modified and Taken time are the same.

i-NHdvFkP-XL.jpg

Thanks for the comments I truely appreciate the help.
    I actually did use the insert image button but it only inserted the hyper link anymore feed back on this would be great also I noticed when I loaded my new pictures I took tonight that the time showed when I took them and then when I loaded them, any help to clear this up would be great as well.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2011
    rbustraen wrote: »
    I agree with Chandlerja that there is a little too much sky and not enough ground but other than that great shot, great mountains in the background.

Thanks for your comments I know what you are saying. The ground at the bottom is actually a subdivision full of homes and I was finding that it was turning out pretty dark due to the angle of the sun. If I had a gradiant filter, I might try that to soften the contrast but of coarse that one is still on the wish list. Any ideas you may have would be helpful.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    What a lovely sky! Would be great to see a bit more of the ground if you can reshoot, but I like it.

Thanks for your comments.

It won't be an issue to reshoot, these were taken of my deck looking over the Straight of Georgia on Vancouver Island. My big struggle is shooting near dusk the subdivision in the lower part of the picture is pretty much in shadows. Should I still add it?
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Nice back yard! I often shoot sunsets in my neighborhood and try to keep the neighborhood out of the frame. If your neighborhood is in shadow, then I'd say that's a good thing.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    I like the sky a lot and the exposure - I would too include a little more ground. Very nice!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    powderpowder Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    learning along with you...
    1605today-M.jpg
  • Options
    powderpowder Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    thanks for the conversation above, ....I'm trying to learn this site too. I don't see how to add text below the picture when you add a photo?? my next learning experience.
    Thanks for allowing me to piggyback on your learning curve!