Options

Deer

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited September 13, 2005 in Wildlife
A few pics of deer from the Phoenix Park, Dublin.

35758046-L.jpg

35758068-L.jpg

35758073-L.jpg

and a general view of the park

35758051-L.jpg

Shay.

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    Excellent shots Shay. thumb.gif Those tags were they ID tags or price tags? rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Harryb wrote:
    Excellent shots Shay. thumb.gif Those tags were they ID tags or price tags? rolleyes1.gif
    I'd expect Andy to ask that question rolleyes1.gif , I know that all he will see is roast venisonrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    mmm venison
    Harryb wrote:

lol3.giflol3.gif

shay, lovely deer shots - color, crispness, it all works. thumb.gifthumb.gif

i *hate* the buggers. we have herds of them on our property. this year, it hasn't been too bad, as the apples and cherries have been abundant, so they're quite happy staying away from our flowers and plants. but come winter, they practically sit down at the scullery table!

anyhow, thanks for posting the deer shots, i was hoping for a thread like this i could bogart into lol3.gif i shot this last night, as i was getting out of my car.

(click on pic for location data)

35647181-L.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks Harry and Andy thumb.gif , it is hard to get a clean photo of an individual deer. They don't wander too far from the herd.

It's time to get yourself a deer hunting licence Andy:rambo , free venison burgers for the winter:gun2 . That's a great pic btw.

Shay.
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    Very nice shots. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Harryb wrote:
    They were dry cleaning tags, Harry. It was summer cleaning time and the furs were in need of good cleaning before season. The best thing about them is they are blue. Believable BLUE!!!rolleyes1.gif

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options

They were dry cleaning tags, Harry. It was summer cleaning time and the furs were in need of good cleaning before season. The best thing about them is they are blue. Believable BLUE!!!rolleyes1.gif

BMP
    The 400 5.6 with a monopod gets the credit for the photos.... and I'm steering clear of the "blue" debate rolleyes1.gif

shay.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    Those look like the body of a white tail, coat of a fawn, and rack of a moose, oh yeah, wearing earings. You sure these weren't PS'd? I have never seen deer like that before, thanks for shareing.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2005

BMP
    is Believable BLUE!!!a color not in the canon chart headscratch.gif if not it must be a PS color :D
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    gluwater wrote:
    Those look like the body of a white tail, coat of a fawn, and rack of a moose, oh yeah, wearing earings. You sure these weren't PS'd? I have never seen deer like that before, thanks for shareing.
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~edrice/mammals/fallow_deer.htm
  • Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    Nice pics Seamus
    Local person here in upstate NY had some of those for pets. Guess you hafta have a special license?
    I took this with my Canon A1 35mm with a 60-300mm Tamron and Ektar 64 film back in 199?.

On of my favorite pics and I have in framed in a 11x14 on my wall. :):

Deer-vi.jpg
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/