Options

#79: Which one?

MLangtonMLangton Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Decisions, decisions...

Picked up some pocket wizzards and chased one of the cats around. I am new to off camera flash. What the heck.

#1 or #2 are my favs...

I have to stick with what I have. I promised Mr. Perfect that I would not chase him around for at least another week or two... He is a 7 year old, Seal-point, mitted Ragdoll. We send our THANKS!!

i-Kc8C47V-M.jpg

i-RLMjrjh-M.jpg

i-8kj6gMC-M.jpg

i-nJKwPPC-M.jpg

i-NK9W5Dz-M.jpg

i-KdwxmwZ-M.jpg
More photo, less shop.

http://mlangton.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    SorinSorin Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    #6 is my choice. I like that you can see just the tip of his tongue. Also, not so much of a harsh shadow that #2 has.
    #3 has better lighting, but i like the composition of #6 better.
    "I know you don't understand. Let me show you......"
    My Website
    My 50 f/1.8 lives on my Nikon D80 full time.
    Next Lens: Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 20, 2011
    My favorites are 3, 1, and 5 - in that order. (#6 would bump #1 except for whatever is seen at the top right of the frame...)

Beautiful cat!
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I like #3 for its good straight on pose and lighting but I like #5 because you captured something mischievous or humorous in the eyes and crossed paws. GP
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I'm going to have to say #2, though I wish the lighting was a little softer. I really like the pose in #6, but the claw-post being fully in frame is a little distracting because I'm looking at the kitty's shadow on the wall to the left. As for the rest, the horizontal blinds are throwing me off.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    #3 is my fave, such awesome blue eyes, and a hint of attitude in the facial expression!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Beautiful cat and very nice shots. #3 is my personal favorite.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Both your cats are beautiful - I like the third shot of Spooky - the close-up shows off her huge pretty eyes. And black cats are REALLY HARD to photograph, as I am just learning. My camera will NOT autofocus on my black kitty! [need an aaaaargh smiley here!] :)

I love Mr. Perfect's blue eyes & pretty white paws against the dark black fur on her legs. I really like the poses in #2 & #5 but wish #2 was landscape - not liking the dead space above the pretty kitty, & it would've been nice if Mr. Perfect would've looked into the camera in #5. I really like the way the blue in the blanket brings out the depth of the blue eyes.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I like 2, then 3. I also like the face of the cat in 5, but the blinds are distracting