Options

All Digital Downloads Disappearing from Cart

Eric TEric T Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited June 24, 2011 in Bug Reporting
It appears this has been a known bug for over 2 months without a fix in sight. I would like to express my disappointment with this bug and the fact that it's overlooked and how it has affected two recent events I have covered.
Hey Eric,trying to buy photos and the cart shows empty.Tried fixing it but cant.I'm car # 14 from the PCA DE day at Sebring.Thanks.
Exoticar Auto Inc.
hi eric, i attempted to purchase my complete gallery for $30. i went through the whole thing, checked cookies and pop-up settings but could not get images or dollar amount in my cart. tried several times and it told me i had items in my cart, but it did not "compute". i know you will have a solution, so i am not concerned. please let me know how else i am able to purchase the full digital gallery for download.

please do not take this the wrong way eric, but if one has to change pc settings, try multiple times or read a page of instructions in order to make a purchase.... there must be better ways.

thank you,
phil dinizo
Eric

Great job with the photos from Saturday's DE! Looks like you got some beautiful shots of not only my car, but many others as well. Please note that I have sent payment of $30. to your paypal account for all downloads of :

Car #4, Blue Group, Black 1986 Carrera, Ernie Sample

One suggestion, the online link did not work for me on my Mac running Safari, PC running Windows IE, or Windows Chrome. You are probably aware of this issue and, I'd imagine, taking steps to make the ordering process easier for us eager customers.

...you get the idea. These are just the customers that really want their photos, unmentioned are the ones that tried to purchase their photos a day or two after the event when they are still "impulsive" and "excited" about the event that are left with frustration and give up on the photos.

This error needs to be fixed for the Smuggers that use your services to sell our photos after an event and rely on album purchases. Please make this fix a priority, SmugMug is great in a lot of ways but these little things that drive customers to feel you aren't providing them with an easy buying experience is what hits home.

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Whatca think Andy?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2011
    Eric T wrote: »
    Whatca think Andy?

Can I have a link to a gallery where this happens?

I just checked here and was able to add all digital downloads to the cart
    http://www.moonriverphotography.com/Galleries/Landscapes-for-Sale/634937_G88Gj#104246074_2sxSN
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Can I have a link to a gallery where this happens?

Anyone of these galleries:
    http://www.awolphoto.com/DE/5-7-11-Sebring-Suncoast-PCA-DE
    Andy wrote: »
    I just checked here and was able to add all digital downloads to the cart
    http://www.moonriverphotography.com/Galleries/Landscapes-for-Sale/634937_G88Gj#104246074_2sxSN

Are you using a Mac? Works fine with a Mac, the problem happens using a PC. I have an iMac and had no issues with adding a gallery to the cart, I went back to my customers with "it's not me but you" then after 2 or 3 complaints I decided to try it on my laptop (PC) and sure enough the gallery disappears from the cart. Verified this with 2 other PCs.
    Hi Eric,

Thank your for contacting SmugMug.

We have a bug with this issue. We are working quickly to fix this issue. I cannot give you a time estimate but look for a post on our release notes when that is updated. You can view the release notes here:

http://news.smugmug.com/

I would recommend signing up for the RSS feed. Or by leaving a comment, you have the option to be notified by email when a new post is added. I am so sorry for any trouble this has caused you.

If you any other questions or problems please let us know.

All the best,
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
    www.smugmug.com/help

Per Heather it's a known bug, my biggest gripe is the "I cannot give you a time estimate". Like I said in my original post I would like to see this prioritized as it's costing me money and customer service brownie points. I know I am not the only one that has reported this as I seen several other posts with the same issue.

Help us help our customers Andy.

Thanks for your time to respond to this issue,
    Eric
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Hi Eric, I've spoken to the developer and we're trying to get this sorted. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    I appreciate you following up Andy, look forward to the fix so I can get back to more important things...like perfecting my SmugMug Facebook contest winning skills!
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    On a side note, I just realized your avatar is animated...and I am a little creeped out. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    Eric T wrote: »
    I appreciate you following up Andy, look forward to the fix so I can get back to more important things...like perfecting my SmugMug Facebook contest winning skills!

We believe this is fixed, please let us know if you encounter any problems thanks.
    http://news.smugmug.com/2011/06/23/card-creator-facebook-login-and-digital-download-bug-fixes/