Options

Action series of U6 soccer goalie

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in Sports
Playing with PS a little bit.

Was happily surprised when this happened when I selected three photos in LR3 and told it to merge as a panorama in PS.

I know it is not perfect, but it is the pinnacle of my PS abilities at the moment. C&C is very much welcome as always.

i-xWR3fPk-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Hi. I like it a lot (perhaps ideally I would like to see a little more separation between the three but it doesn't take away from the immediate impact I get). I think it tells a terrific story and the player is so focused on the ball. Your focus effectively isolates and concentrates the attention on the player but the background is clear enough to set him in context. I have never thought of just merging a sequence into a stitched "panorama" - I think it looks great and will certainly experiment with this! If I were the parent of this player ... I would be buying a big print of this. Great work
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I first just imported all the photos into PS, then I realized I still had one of them cropped in LR. When I went back into LR to go back to the original crop it dawned on me that I was going to try aligning the lines on the field and the people in the background anyways. When images merge into a panorama the software tries to line up and match as much as possible. I figured I would get something close and have to adjust the masks to bring the player back into being visible.
    What I got was basically what you see though. Sure the edges were all over the place and even after cropping to what you see the top right hand corner was bare. So my limited PS skills I cloned and copied the townhouses to fill in the gap. Not exactly amazing job there, but I think it is sufficient based on my skill set and what I needed to be done. And what needed top be done was to simply fill in the hole in a non distracting way.

While it drives me NUTS, I am also acutely aware that it is there because I put it there.

Anyways, played around with it a bit more and came up with this, which I think is kinda fun. Not sure if I like it more or not though.
    So far these are experiments and not in my soccer galleries with the rest, but I think they are close to going public...

i-RxjjnnX-XL.jpg
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I think I prefer the original but I could see this as an element in a multi-photo sports poster. Certainly an option that could be offered to parents to gauge how popular it was.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Original! Very cool!
    Regards

Will
    edited June 24, 2011
    More I look at it more I like the original over the blurred version.

I do think I will be trying the blur effect on an individual image. Maybe getting some motion blur effect into a kid running.