Options

SOOC possibilities - round 2

konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
My wife and I spent the day at the Goshen Stampede on Sunday. The place was packed, and I did well to find high ground. So many shots to choose from - it was difficult to narrow them down to these - okay, let me have it :-)
Thanx

IMGP2533-M.jpg

IMGP2568-M.jpg

IMGP2661-M.jpg

IMGP2656-M.jpg

IMGP2733-M.jpg

IMGP2788-M.jpg

IMGP2883-M.jpg

IMGP2892-M.jpg
--- Kono ---
Pentax K-x and assorted lenses

Comments

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Wow....!!!

Hard to choose - I think I like more #1, #4, #5, #6, #7, but I'll have to look again a little later :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    #5 is definitely the winner for me! good capture!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 21, 2011
    #3 then #4 then #5. Looks like you had fun!
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    I'd say #3 then #5. Really like the action and the framing is best without distraction of spectators in the front or the back.

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    3 and 5 were my picks as well
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2011
    Thanks for the input. I'm a little surprised that nobody picked #2 - face too dark?? I like the action of 1 & 5, but worry that the chute area is a little too busy. Unless I capture something better, I think it's gonna be #3.
    --- Kono ---
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    konomaniac wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I'm a little surprised that nobody picked #2 - face too dark?? I like the action of 1 & 5, but worry that the chute area is a little too busy. Unless I capture something better, I think it's gonna be #3.

My issue with #2 was the composition, the hat was cut off and the bar right up front I found distracting....

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    #2 would be my fav except for the darkness on the face. I like comp of #3 & the timing of #5, & I like the dirt clods & comp of #6.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    My issue with #2 was the composition, the hat was cut off and the bar right up front I found distracting....

I didn't even notice the hat. If that darn horse would have stood still, it wouldn't have been cut off rolleyes1.gif
    #2 would be my fav except for the darkness on the face. I like comp of #3 & the timing of #5, & I like the dirt clods & comp of #6.

Thanx - maybe some pp on the face will help, but not for this challenge :D
    I like 5 & 6 too, but when I try to look at them objectively, I think 3 might be the cleanest with the added bonus of the sense of action.
    --- Kono ---
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Well, if you could crop and lighten the face I'd vote for #2. But, since this is SOOC, I'd have to say #5 and #7 are my favorites.