Options

Deleting again, help me choose

thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited September 16, 2005 in Landscapes
I have two similar pics and want to delete one of them. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

34457843-L.jpg

34457849-L.jpg
Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2005
    Neither thumb.gif
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    I agree with Humungus, but do believe that the top one has more dynamic lighting with the yellows/oranges clashing with the blue.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    I also like the blue element Dixie, and I appreciate your input.

You are one of the few that delivers solid work to this forum.

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    You're welcome and thanks for your kind comment. ...but at 62, I've had a lot of time to practice. mwink.gif
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    bigpixbigpix Registered Users Posts: 371 Major grins
    they are both good shots.......but if I had to choose, I would keep number one.....

cheers
    ...bp
    http://bigpix.smugmug.com
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    Lake Macquarie NSW Australia
    www.bigpix.smugmug.com
    Please do not EDIT
    my Images
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    I vote for #2. I like the way the looming orange sky contrasts with the barren land and the single tree (Joshua tree?).

I would bump up the saturation on these to make the sky gold even richer.

Erich
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    I vote for #2. I like the way the looming orange sky contrasts with the barren land and the single tree (Joshua tree?).

I would bump up the saturation on these to make the sky gold even richer.

Erich
    You're right Erich, it's a Joshua tree, and that's what I like about the shot also. I just thought that people wouldn't notice it since it was more like the rule of 1/100'ths instead of the rule of 1/3's; Glad you noticed it clap.gif

Disraeli Photography

• Options
    aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    Hi,

I perfer photo number one--because of the dramatic cloud formation and contour pressing against the blue sky . I also perfer the strong silhouette of the foreground .

Michal
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    If I had to choose...
    I'd pick #2. I like the fact you can see the landscape in this one. The sky (sunset) is of course the main theme but my eyes stop at the horizon on pic #1 and they continue to the bottom of the page on pic#2.

Also, I like the lone tree in #2 along with the blue in the sky slightly coming through.

-Adam
    www.adamstravelphotography.com
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    thdizzy wrote:
    You're right Erich, it's a Joshua tree, and that's what I like about the shot also. I just thought that people wouldn't notice it since it was more like the rule of 1/100'ths instead of the rule of 1/3's; Glad you noticed it clap.gif
    Hey...some rules are meant to be broken...at least sometimes. I think 1/100th's works well here!

Erich
  • Options
    prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    i like the sky in the first one and the landscape in the second. put'em both together!
  • Options
    DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    I agree with Kasey. Try selecting the bottom part with the color selection tool, and then use the shadows and highlights option to see if you can bring out the landscape, :)
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.