Options

#79 SOOC - Cathedral Lights Part 2 (new shots)

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
edited June 26, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have been at a conference and have house guests so haven't had much time to take photos or get near a computer, but they lit up the cathedral one more time on Friday and the sky looked promising...so I grabbed my camera. I am going to be tied up most of today and tomorrow, so it would wonderful to get your input on whether any of these better than the "finalists" of my earlier shoots!

1. Cathedral Window A
i-vhF4WDN-L.jpg

2. Cathedral Window B
i-9bCfGgZ-L.jpg

3. Looking Up A
i-bVjGTBn-L.jpg

4. Looking Up B
i-VRC3c6G-L.jpg

5. Lilies at Night [photographed with the cathedral's landscape lighting; also have darker shots of the lilies]
i-BKDVj4F-L.jpg

For ease of comparison, here are the "finalists" from my earlier shoot.

6. Cathedral Tower
i-Njqj3hH-L.jpg

7. The Side Door A [posting these darkest to lightest]
i-5qZtSdf-L.jpg

8. The Side Door B
i-fc9CGdT-L.jpg

9. The Side Door C
i-WPMKGJ4-L.jpg

Would be great to know if any of the new shots "trump" what I already have and which shots you prefer or think might be a strong entry for this challenge.... (If you have thoughts on titles, I'd welcome that kind of input as well!)

Thanks,
Gretchen

Comments

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Just my opinion of course, but I like #1 & #2 a lot. Love the way the sky turned out. Also like #3 & #4 for the same reason. I think it adds another interesting element to the photo. Again, just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    I have just entered #7 but wonder whether #8 (which is a shade brighter) would be better?

Dave, thanks for giving me input on the new shots. I love the sky in the new shots but uncertain about whether any of them are a stronger entry than the side door shots. Can still change my entry if I get more input about them :D I am thinking that #3 and #4 might be better with a little post-processing to dial back the light on the daisies, and that would knock them out of this challenge, of course. But I am glad that I tried going wide again (shooting with 10-22) from this angle!

Thanks,
    Gretchen
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    #7 works.
    With it being so dark sections of #8 appear overly light.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    I think #7 is the best of the cathedral.

I also love the lillies. The lighting is great!

I would stick with the cathedral for the challenge. It is different and there are some other nice flower shots already in the gallery.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    Thank you both for your input on this! I'll stick with my current entry. :D