Options

#79 Entries: Part Two ft. Challenge Comprehension, C&C!

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, here I am again, this time, with shots I actually just took today. I received my new 24-70 f/2.8L in the mail on Friday...very excited about that. I ask that you don't consider random shots taken out of my window to be my full embrace of such a wonderful lens :D:D.

Having woken up to a big storm, and thought I'd capture a few neat images. Enjoy, and as always, C&C is very welcome!

IMG2375-XL.jpg

IMG2374-XL.jpg

#3 I find this one and #1 to be the only really different image, as the strings controlling the blinds are present and serve as a kind of "termination" to the lines of the blinds themselves. Not sure if it's better or not.
IMG2373-XL.jpg

While I trust the now-complete weather proofing of my camera, I don't plan on getting out again 'til it stops raining heavily, so I thought I'd post a last ditch effort in the challenge.

Comments

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Have had my eye on the Nikon equivalent to that lens for a long time now so I'm jealous! I guess #2 is best of the three to me. However, none of these are really jumping off the screen at me. Bet you could get some great shots through that window of the stormy sky.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I like #1. The focus on just the drops is cool, with the lines of the blinds and the blurred view - nice.
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    Like the focus on the raindrops on the window, but would prefer to see more of the scene outside - even if out of focus.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I would have liked to see more interesting things on the other side of the window too.

The shots are OK, but I think they are missing a point of interest - some kind of a story...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com