Options

OK. Now I'm stumped.

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was just double checking the exif entry on the photo I wanted to enter and noticed that the Date Modified was changed. :huh

I saw a note in the entry gallery by SeascapeS where she mentioned to someone that they needed to load their photo directly to the Challenges album rather than going by way of their smugmug album. Isn't the Challenges gallery also a smugmug album? Won't I run into the same problem? :scratch

Comments

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    richtersl wrote: »
    I was just double checking the exif entry on the photo I wanted to enter and noticed that the Date Modified was changed. eek7.gif

I saw a note in the entry gallery by SeascapeS where she mentioned to someone that they needed to load their photo directly to the Challenges album rather than going by way of their smugmug album. Isn't the Challenges gallery also a smugmug album? Won't I run into the same problem? headscratch.gif

Linda, a SmugMug gallery is the same thing as the challenge gallery - we are talking about a gallery here and not
    about SmugMug vs. Dgrin.

You upload your photo into the challenge gallery, which doesn't have anything to do with any other gallery.

* I didn't understand what Sandy was talking about, but (without any intended, or unintended offense to Sandy),
    disregard that comment and just upload your photo to the challenge gallery in the same way you always did thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    Linda, a SmugMug gallery is the same thing as the challenge gallery - we are talking about a gallery here and not
    about SmugMug vs. Dgrin.

You upload your photo into the challenge gallery, which doesn't have anything to do with any other gallery.

* I didn't understand what Sandy was talking about, but (without any intended, or unintended offense to Sandy),
    disregard that comment and just upload your photo to the challenge gallery in the same way you always did thumb.gif

I just uploaded it directly from the card. If I did it the same way I've always done, my Date Created and Date Modified would not have matched. ne_nau.gif Never had this problem until I got the Mac. I guess they're a little pickier than PCs are. But I did get my entry uploaded with the matching dates so that's all that counts. :D I hope Sandy was able to resolve her upload issues.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    richtersl wrote: »
    I just uploaded it directly from the card. If I did it the same way I've always done, my Date Created and Date Modified would not have matched. ne_nau.gif Never had this problem until I got the Mac. I guess they're a little pickier than PCs are. But I did get my entry uploaded with the matching dates so that's all that counts. :D I hope Sandy was able to resolve her upload issues.

Good thumb.gif

I don't know about PC, but I'm using Mac too and Canon too, and I uploaded to one of my SmugMug galleries as I described here, and everything is OK - I haven't uploaded to the challenges, because I don't know which one to choose rolleyes1.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I think my problem was that I uploaded it twice. That was my mistake.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    I think my problem was that I uploaded it twice. That was my mistake.

Oh Sandy, I'm happy you read this and even happier that you did it - I wish you success thumb.gif
    Travelways.com