Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR1

rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
edited June 28, 2011 in Nikon Land
No longer for sale.

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    This needs to be moved to For Sale: Nikon. Also, there's no such thing as "releasing the funds" with Paypal. You've either received the money or you haven't. It is not an escrow service.

Oh, pardon my rudeness -good luck with the sale! It's a great lens.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    Actually if you receive your package and then contact paypal and tell them the item is as described, paypal can release your money to the seller before the 20 day waiting period is over. Otherwise, the seller has to wait 20 days to receive the money.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    rsparts wrote: »
    Actually if you receive your package and then contact paypal and tell them the item is as described, paypal can release your money to the seller before the 20 day waiting period is over. Otherwise, the seller has to wait 20 days to receive the money.

Not to argue...but I have never had to wait nor has a seller had to wait....mine is debited directly out of my account...transactions are over in a matter of minutes....even when I buy from Hong Kong or some where in Central Europe........now if you are doing ech checks that takes a couple of days...you may want to recheck all the settings in YOUR PayPal account...as I would not ship until I receive the payment.....

Amazon is another thing.....it takes approx 15 days to be paid off Amazon........

This is really a great price for this lens....seen them go for much more other places.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    rsparts wrote: »

Sorry that this thread has been hijacked, but this is simply not true. I've used Paypal hundreds of times as a buyer and as a seller (including twice this week) and have never heard of this practice nor has my money been held even once. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    ^
    then, you didn't deal with pay pal newbs enough.

It is a COMMON practice accepted by pay pal. It is often used on the users who have : replaced a known source with a new card (with no backup funding), have 1+ cases pending resolution, had complaints filed against them, brand new / recent users.
    I have seen this plenty of times.

One does not have the control of releasing funds, AFAIK, though. $$ is held by PP for a set time frame, and is released to the seller unless a complaint was filed.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    ^
    then, you didn't deal with pay pal newbs enough.

It is a COMMON practice accepted by pay pal. It is often used on the users who have : replaced a known source with a new card (with no backup funding), have 1+ cases pending resolution, had complaints filed against them, brand new / recent users.
    I have seen this plenty of times.

One does not have the control of releasing funds, AFAIK, though. $$ is held by PP for a set time frame, and is released to the seller unless a complaint was filed.

Thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy although I thought I heard that if the buyer contacted paypal, that PP would release the money before the designated wait period was up. Maybe I was wrong about that part.

Anyway this lens isn't for sale anymore. Thanks