Options

My Daughters Wedding...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited June 30, 2011 in Weddings
Well, after many months of planning, my daughter was married on Sunday. I was not the photographer, but the two guys that were (Summit Photography in Spokane, WA), worked their butts off. We have seen a slideshow already and the pictures are very nice!!
Not wanting to upset anyone, I asked the photographers a head of time if they minded if I took some pics also. They did not mind at all. I was not able to get the best angles and such as my main goal was to stay clear out of their way, but still get some pics. Here are a few that I took, obviously with none from the actual ceremony as I was a bit involved in another way there. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding.

Comments welcomed!

Ron

DSC5686-XL.jpg

DSC5701-XL.jpg

DSC5710-XL.jpg

DSC5719-XL.jpg

DSC5737-XL.jpg

DSC5745-XL.jpg

DSC5754-XL.jpg

DSC5781-XL.jpg

DSC5796-XL.jpg

DSC5815-XL.jpg

DSC5839-XL.jpg

DSC5840-XL.jpg

DSC5867-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC5886-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    What a stunning place to have a wedding, looks like everyone had a good time and some great memories captured!

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    you have beautiful daughter btw!

my only comment on the photos is that your flash work is killing them for me. A lot of the flash shots have specular highlights and shadows everywhere. Fo the inside shots, bouncing your flash would have been your best best bet. For the outside shots you need to crank the EV down to -3..just a fill flash.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Qarik, I truly have a lot to learn about using flash!!!! I generally do landscape photography and don't use flash.

Mark1616, the location was incredible!! We had been really worried about the weather, and it turned to be perfect!

Thanks, Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    I just watched the Animoto video on the photographers website, especially liked the boat they left on, nice touch.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    you have beautiful daughter btw!

my only comment on the photos is that your flash work is killing them for me. A lot of the flash shots have specular highlights and shadows everywhere. Fo the inside shots, bouncing your flash would have been your best best bet. For the outside shots you need to crank the EV down to -3..just a fill flash.

These are essentially my thoughts as well, although I'm an inexperienced eye. Looks like a simple 50mm f/1.8 could've made some of these more lackluster shots really pop. Certainly no need to worry about too much flash (if flash is required at all) with that bad boy.