Options

San Antonio Mission Trail

JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
edited July 2, 2011 in Journeys
With four days off of work for this weekend, I just knew I had to get out and try my hand at some other kind of photography other than just stock car racing. So yesterday morning I gathered up my wife, daughter and gear and headed to the San Antonio Mission Trail. Due to a late start and playing dodgeball with iffy weather, we were only able to stop at two missions, San Jose and Espada, and the Espada Aquaduct.

I got a few pictures that I really liked from the trip, including two family protraits with make shift stands; it's amazing how resourceful you can be in a pinch. A wall, half a bag of sunflower seeds and the quick release plate to level it all of and viola...LOL My other mission, no pun intended, was to try my hand at HDR. Using the CS5 HDR Pro and 3 pictures for each 0, -1, +1, this is what I got. C&C welcome.

i-HSk9X3n-L.jpg
Mission Espada

i-dRTGVQn-L.jpg
Mission San Jose

I'm sure I have a long way to go and a lot to learn but I thought the first, which was actually my second stop, came out a lot better.
Jamie
JBHotShots.com
Facebook
7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX

Comments

• Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Great Self Assignment
    I have contemplated doing the same thing for the Missions of El Camino Real in California.

I like the first image best but, it seems to be a bit improved when I adjusted the perspective just a tiny bit. It seemed to have leveled out the image and made it more relaxing for me to view.

BTW: I'd love to see some images of the Goliad Mission, one of my ancestors died during the massacre there...