Options

Drained Sunset

bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
edited July 7, 2011 in Landscapes
For the 4th, I made a quick drive to the James V Turner reservoir for sunset. They've started draining the water again to finish the ladder for spawning fish. It's pretty much a giant mudhole at this point, with the old submerged dam now visible. Anyway....

i-8s8QtV9-XL.jpg

2. I shot this same stump last year on the 4th.
i-WZSDQLc-XL.jpg

i-7QRw9R7-XL.jpg

i-q8qV9bf-XL.jpg

i-GxJQWx3-XL.jpg

i-Z3Rfr6K-XL.jpg

i-bQb7FQj-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    Nice set, Bryan. I like #6 a lot!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    I like them.

The only thing I don't like, is it looks like you were using a graduated ND filter in 3&4 and I don't like what it did to the tree or the gears, especially since you can see the bottom half of the branch and part of the gears are OK until you go up into the ND area. I know, nothing you can do unless you did exposure blending, but I get picky about that stuff. :)
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    Nice set Bryan, you always seem to find great skys. Love you image #5 it is a beautiful composition. I do agree with Jim on the shadow effects of the filter.
  • Options
    bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    Thanks everyone.
    I like them.

The only thing I don't like, is it looks like you were using a graduated ND filter in 3&4 and I don't like what it did to the tree or the gears, especially since you can see the bottom half of the branch and part of the gears are OK until you go up into the ND area. I know, nothing you can do unless you did exposure blending, but I get picky about that stuff. :)

I did end up bracketing the tree shot, so I could do a blend. I can't remember if I did w/the gears. I've been super lazy with post processing lately. I appreciate the honest critique.