Options

Shopping Cart slow with Mulitple Selections

PaulsPicturesPaulsPictures Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Shopping cart slow with Multiple Selections...

Is this normal

When I am trying to purchase 300 pictures the shopping cart becomes extremely slow.

Example: Just to open the shopping cart with 300 pictures in it it takes, 1 minute and 36 seconds just to finish contacting SM, and a full 3 minutes and 20 seconds to fully load the cart to where I can start to do something.

Then to change anything takes a long time. And every change prevents other changes until SM Shopping cart finishes. Everything is one at a time. I know about the bulk load but I am talking about individual changes after a selection of 300 pictures to purchase.

Example: Just to change quantity on 1 single picture from 1 to 2 takes 1:18 minutes. If somebody wanted to change the quantity on 30 pictures it would take them over 30 minutes just to change them.

Another example; If I wanted to dupe a picture and purchase a puzzle also here is how long it would take. Make dupe, 3:31 Minutes; Change item from Prints to Gifts: 1:15 minutes; Change from 4x6 to Puzzle; 1:13 Minutes. For a total of 5:59 minutes just to make a dupe and make it a puzzle.

The shopping cart is updating every little change. I think it would be a lot quicker if a person could make a lot of changes and then push an update button to make all the changes at once.

BTW, Professional Account, Mac 10.4.2, Dual 2Gig, 2Gig Ram, DSL Safari, and MS Internet Explorer and t is not a slow internet connection. I can send and receive email and surf while SM is doing its thing. IT doesn’t make any difference.

I really like many aspects of SM, but this one is causing me some pain. I am at a point where I and my clients need o be able to purchase many pictures easily and quickly.

Paul Wilson

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2005
    Shopping cart slow with Multiple Selections...

Is this normal

When I am trying to purchase 300 pictures the shopping cart becomes extremely slow.

Example: Just to open the shopping cart with 300 pictures in it it takes, 1 minute and 36 seconds just to finish contacting SM, and a full 3 minutes and 20 seconds to fully load the cart to where I can start to do something.

Then to change anything takes a long time. And every change prevents other changes until SM Shopping cart finishes. Everything is one at a time. I know about the bulk load but I am talking about individual changes after a selection of 300 pictures to purchase.

Example: Just to change quantity on 1 single picture from 1 to 2 takes 1:18 minutes. If somebody wanted to change the quantity on 30 pictures it would take them over 30 minutes just to change them.

Another example; If I wanted to dupe a picture and purchase a puzzle also here is how long it would take. Make dupe, 3:31 Minutes; Change item from Prints to Gifts: 1:15 minutes; Change from 4x6 to Puzzle; 1:13 Minutes. For a total of 5:59 minutes just to make a dupe and make it a puzzle.

The shopping cart is updating every little change. I think it would be a lot quicker if a person could make a lot of changes and then push an update button to make all the changes at once.

BTW, Professional Account, Mac 10.4.2, Dual 2Gig, 2Gig Ram, DSL Safari, and MS Internet Explorer and t is not a slow internet connection. I can send and receive email and surf while SM is doing its thing. IT doesn’t make any difference.

I really like many aspects of SM, but this one is causing me some pain. I am at a point where I and my clients need o be able to purchase many pictures easily and quickly.

Paul Wilson
    I sent a similar complaint to help@smugmug.com yesterday and received a response only that they would check with engineering and haven't heard anything more. I would suggest you also send this to the email support address. For an issue like this, it's likely they will respond quicker if more people bring it to their attention. It is pretty bad.

--John
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question