damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited June 19, 2004 in Holy Macro
A couple of my favorite neighbor...

5272434-L.jpg

5272435-L.jpg

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    Both of these are great. Please, will you show us the color originals as well. The B&W is very drammatic, very. I'm just wondering what you might have achieved with color. (As you know, I love your color shots and much as I love these the way they are, I want you to take the color challenge more so as to make your work more modern.)
    If not now, when?
  • WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    I don't know what to say here Damon! These are terrific shots. I love the way you composed the first shot, the dark left hand side makes this shot more intriguing. I like them both very much. Thank you posting here, I am enjoying your work very much.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    Here's the top one in color and a new one from the same shoot! Thanks for the continued interest Rutt...and thanks for the compliments Wolf!

5276211-L.jpg

5276212-L.jpg
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    OK, I understand why you made the moves to B&W, but I love the color shots even more. In this case, you hightened the drama and mystery of these shots by the move to B&W, but you also definitly lost something. The colors are soft and beautiful. The scenes are essentially very dramatic and mysterious; they don't really need to be in B&W to make their point. In color they are a little softer, but that doesn't mean less dramatic.

Of course, they are yours, so I hope you aren't offended by my feedback. If you think they need to be B&W, then you are right. End of story.
    If not now, when?
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    Rutt, offense? Never! I value your opinion more than you know...keep it coming!